• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

IV Breeding For My PKMN Needed?

empoleon dynamite

Reaction score
I just spent all weekend breeding porygon with dittos to get the one i wanted. Earlier today I found a Lv.15 Gabite with these IVs:

HP: 1
Attack: 29
Defence:30
Sp. Atk:23
Sp. Def:26
Speed:26

Im just woundering weather this Gible needs breeding with 100's of dittos or weather it has a competitive edge.

Considering the fact that the Gible line is meant to be a physical sweeper, and won't really last long enough to withstand too many hits, the HP isn't all that important. You have pretty high speed and physical attack, so I'd say you're good to go, as long as his nature is right. :) If the nature is wrong, I'd say breed for a good nature, and hope it passes the correct IVs along with it, lol.

Anyone agree?

its natures gentle so im going to have to breed it. do you suggest a speed boosting nature or a attack boosting nature? is it true ditto holding everstone pass on there natures to there offspring?

Yes, if a Ditto is holding an Everstone, there is a 50% chance that the baby will have the same nature as the mother.

As for Garchomp, the standard natures used are Jolly or Adamant (With Choice Scarf).

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom