• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia - The Dark Hand (+ Jackie Chan!) win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
[size=+3]Jackie Chan Adventures Mafia[/size]
[size=+1]The Quest for the Talismans[/size]

Jackiechanadventures_logo.png
Plot:

Shendu was waiting patiently. After being banished to the Netherworld along with his son Drago due to Uncle, he had been mulling the years until he could be free again. He had lost all the Talismans in that fight (thus becoming inanimate again) but he knew if he has to take his rightful place as ruler of the world, he desperately has to find them before anyone else could think of retrieving them.

Not soon after, they arrived.

Within the shadows, emerged hundreds of warriors known as the ShadowKhan. Even though with their red eyes and blue skin and lifeless mannerisms, they always were completely loyal to him, Shendu thought to himself.

One of them bowed and slowly opened his fist to reveal the Rat Talisman. Shendu couldn’t contain his excitement as it placed the talisman in one of the engravings within him. As he rose back to life, he let out a roar of joy.

Now he finally can go back and retrieve what is rightfully his….

Basic Tutorial:

There are two sides for the players. One is the “Town”, and the other is the “Mafia”. The majority of the players are the town (sometimes referred as “innocent”). There are also a few players who are allied neither with the town or mafia but rather with themselves. They are called “independents”.

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to outnumber the town.

As soon as one side achieves its goal, whether it’s Day or Night, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (‘No lynch’ is an option).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is removed from play.

Mafia attempts a kill during the Night phases.

Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night. There may be other conditions for activations so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.

Communication is the key. Some roles work better if coordinated with other actions.
Some roles have a hidden ability which will be activated under certain circumstances.

Rules (edited from Mintaka’s):

#1. As the host, I claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. Warnings and/or Modkills for…
- Poor Sportsmanship: It’s just a game and we’re here to have fun after all. ^^

- Revealing your Role PM: In any way possible. No screenshots, copy-pasting excerpts from it, hinting your ability etc-
- Faking a Role PM: Even though it may not be your “real” Role PM, it still counts under that rule.

- Inactivity: Please notify me before hand (not right before) if you cannot play for a while, and I won’t replace you (you are still in the game however and can be lynched/killed). If you think you can’t remain active throughout the game…you might not want to sign up.

After three phases without any posts, or contacting anyone, you will be regarded as inactive. If you’re lying low, just inform me you’re still there. However at least post once in a while in the thread to let the other players know you’re there. “Militant” lurking is not really encouraging.

- Posting after Death and giving out Info: If you die, go ahead and have your usual death post and maybe occasional joke posts but don’t reveal any critical information to other living players. That includes any sort of information at all.

#3. Rules regarding private conversations

Feel free to share copies of private messages (OTHER THAN ROLE PMs) however you want, via PMs, QTs, or in the public thread. You can take screenshots if you wish.

#4. Please send me copies of all PMs you may send to another player. Whatever may it have to do with the game, send it to me. Also, when replying to PMs from other players, instead of quick replying, go to Advanced Options and include me in as well.

If you make a QuickTopic, give me the link as well. If you use a name other than your username, tell me what name you’re using in the QT. If you’re using IM, at least tell me what kind of conversation you had with another player if you cannot give me a log.

#6. If you change your username, please say it in the thread.

#7. For voting, say "Vote: Player Name" in bold. To cancel that, just post "Unvote: Player Name" and then vote for another player if you want to.
You can vote “No lynch”, but in a tie between lynching a player and “no lynch”, lynching will win. There will be only ONE lynch per day.

#8. About actions, you can change the target, as long as it's before I am updating the phase.
Some night actions will take effect upon the moment that I read the PM, so keep that in mind.

#9. Updates: Each phase will last for 24 hours.
I will update at 2 PM GMT.
And if I cannot update at the specified time, I’ll try to notify that in-thread and if I cannot do that, please understand that the phase is extended for a while.

Now that we got that out of the way, it’s time to discuss the MacGuffins in this game. The Talismans!

jackie_ww_talisman_08.gif

• There are 12 Talismans in the game corresponding to the twelve ones from Jackie Chan Adventures. Each of them possesses a unique power that I have translated to corresponding mafia abilities. According to the talisman that you have, you will have its unique ability. For example, one of them has the “cop” ability; one of them has the “doctor” ability etc.

• I’ve used some elements from hurristat’s Spirit Mafia in this. As in there is going to be a hell lot of shuffling each night phase. But the difference between the two is that your roles aren’t the things being shuffled. For instance if you happen to be mafia, you remain as mafia throughout the game. It’s only the Talismans that get shuffled each time. Or essentially your abilities.

• And just to make it clear, the roles that you may get don’t have any special ability of their own (well, most of them). As in it doesn’t make a difference whether you’re Jackie or Jade. Most of them just determine which side you’re on. You need the Talismans to have any special abilities.

• You get to keep a particular Talisman for a night phase and the next day phase. For example, if you are given a talisman on Night 2, you get to keep it till the end of Day 3 after which there is another round of shuffling and you may get a new talisman. You may use that Talisman’s corresponding mafia ability according to how it’s specified in the Talisman PM.

• Everyone of you has equal chances of getting all the Talismans.

• Since initially, there are 18 players and only 12 Talismans, there is bound to be some of you that might not get any of them after a round of shuffling. But don’t worry, you will get one soon enough. Once the number of players are less than 12, you might get more than a single Talisman.

• You can give your Talisman to another player if you want for them to have its power rather than you. You can give Talismans to other players only every night phase. Just send me a PM with “Give: [Your Talisman] to [Player]”.

• And on a related note, roles will not be revealed immediately upon a player’s death. There will be a certain time frame and if…nothing happens, their role and alliance will be revealed publicly in-thread.

And for reference, here is a list of the twelve Talismans and their in-show powers from Jackie Chan Adventures:

Rat Talisman – Animation
Ox Talisman – Super Strength
Tiger Talisman – Balance (Spiritual)
Rabbit Talisman – Super Speed
Dragon Talisman – Combustion
Snake Talisman – Invisibility
Horse Talisman – Healing
Sheep Talisman – Astral Projection
Monkey Talisman – Shape-Shifting (into animals, birds etc)
Rooster Talisman – Levitation
Dog Talisman – Immortality
Pig Talisman – Heat Beam Eyes

And finally, have a good game guys. ^^

Jackie-and-The-Talismans-jackie-chan-adventures-12351246-640-480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jackie Chan Mafia: Quest for the Talismans

Players:

1. @Aestivate -> Larry. Killed on NIGHT 3.
2. @Croag -> Mrs. Hartman. Lynched on DAY 9.
3. @Sourcandy -> Uncle. Killed on NIGHT 1.
4. @lizzxxk@Parmalee -> Mama Tohru. Killed on NIGHT 4.
5. @Mijzelffan -> Jade. Killed on NIGHT 7.
6. @ghaskan@Neonsands -> Hak Foo. Survivor.
7. @Neonsands -> Daolon Wong. Lynched on DAY 2.
8. @mewstone -> El Toro Fuerte. Killed on NIGHT 10.
9. @Rayne -> Captain Black. Killed on NIGHT 10.
10. @MuddyMudkip -> Finn. Lynched on DAY 6.
11. @Taiki -> Valmont. Lynched on DAY 10.
12. @Derier44 -> Viper. Killed on NIGHT 6.
13. @Flame_ -> Tohru. Killed on NIGHT 11.
14. @Wolverine -> Ratso. Lynched on DAY 5.
15. @The Puppetmaster@CommanderPigg -> Shendu. Killed on NIGHT 5.
16. @bluesun -> Jackie Chan. Survivor.
17. @DrumBeats -> Paco. Lynched on DAY 1.
18. @Synthesis@Sourcandy -> Chow. Lynched on DAY 8.

Subs:

1. @! Thunder Lord Z

Last edited:

Omgosh, I watched this show all the time when I was little! In! XD

i have time to play more mafia games because i keep dying in my other ones... sigh

I think I only watched this a few times, but I'm in! Sounds fun

Oh my God I love this.
My brother and I are watching all 5 seasons of this on Netflix...
It's like a sign ._.
Count me in

Mijzelffan

This show was pretty cool.

YES YES

I used to watch this show all the time, and I'm re-watching it on netflicks
so in

@J J M ; could you please add the Date in the title, the date you posted the thread?
Also you'd need to continue updating the date whenever you update/make a notice.

Thanks! [/mod note]

You know my position on this already, I loved Jackie Chan when I was younger so you can bet I'm going to be looking forward to this.

I can't wait to see all the talisman swapping, sounds like fun and just like the show :p

@J J M ; could you please add the Date in the title, the date you posted the thread?
Also you'd need to continue updating the date whenever you update/make a notice.

Thanks! [/mod note]
Done and will do. ^^

Re: Jackie Chan Mafia: Quest for the Talismans [28/8/11]

IN! The idea sounds fun/interesting, especially the swapping of talismans.

Re: Jackie Chan Mafia: Quest for the Talismans [8/28/11]

C'mon guys. 9 more spots to fill. The sooner they're filled, the sooner I can start.

I'd like to give this a shot.

I remember this show being on when I was a kid. Now I want to play!

Eh..........

Not ior am i?

IN or not?

In.

In, sounds original.

willing to substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back