• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

Great, so i can either get a good night's sleep, or wake up at 5AM to watch this thing. >.>

It better be worth it.

Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

It might be a ''Voice command Nintendo will game'' which is totally based on Anime !
Man , I always wonder if there ever going to be a Pokemon game where the player play by using a Microphone to give his pokemon command.
Or A remake of ''Pokemon Yellow version'' !
I always wanted a Pokemon that based on Pokemon Anime universe like ''Pokemon Yellow version''.

Man , I always wonder if there ever going to be a Pokemon game where the player play by using a Microphone to give his pokemon command.

*ahem*

Anyway, i just noticed the main news article only links to the Japanese ND page. Is there a US page, too?

And now, the longest day ever begins.

This.

And this is why I love this fandom, they make the wait so much fun.

Back to topic, it has been tweeted, put on facebook and given an entire nintendo direct. This has to be big.

This Direct better be good, because it's at 3 AM where I live!

This Direct better be good, because it's at 3 AM where I live!
How will you be watching it then? Will you stake away until 3:10am or set an alarm for a time close to 3am? Where I live the Pokémon direct will be shown at 11am which is a very convenient time for me because I only have exam revision to do in university at that time and I will have been awake for about 3 hours so I can take a 10 minute break to watch it and maybe a further break of 20 minutes to report it on Bulbanews if nobody has before me.

Last edited:

Wow, this will be 3AM where I live, too. I'm debating setting an alarm, maybe I should just see what it is when I get up in the morning. I'm super excited, though!

"Debates" You people are actually debating whether or not to stay up for a Nintendo Direct?!

....nay, a Pokemon Direct. In a Pokemon Forum.

Here's my question: WHERE IS ALL THE HYPE AT. GET THOSE SPEED BOOSTS READY.

I think people want to see it as it happens, live as they announce whatever they have to share with us.

I'm extremely confused as to when I'll be able to see the official live announcement... There seems to be some conflicting information. The countdown on the official Japanese website (which is here: 1月8日(火)20時から、インターネット中継「Pok) ends a little over 29 hours from now, making that 8 pm (US Central) my time. Yet, the text displayed before the countdown says 20:00 in Japan, which is 8pm - or 5am my time. So how is this possible...? The countdown seems to contradict the actual information given just above it. Can anyone clear this up for me? I want to be able to watch it with my friends live when it happens, but right now we're all equally confused about what time the announcement is...

Yippee, it will be on when I'm in school.
And I rarely see this many posts in a Bulbanews article. Reminds me of the time they were revealing the starter English names, but that was on a much larger scale.

I'm extremely confused as to when I'll be able to see the official live announcement... There seems to be some conflicting information. The countdown on the official Japanese website (which is here: 1月8日(火)20時から、インターネット中継「Pok) ends a little over 29 hours from now, making that 8 pm (US Central) my time. Yet, the text displayed before the countdown says 20:00 in Japan, which is 8pm - or 5am my time. So how is this possible...? The countdown seems to contradict the actual information given just above it. Can anyone clear this up for me? I want to be able to watch it with my friends live when it happens, but right now we're all equally confused about what time the announcement is...
It will be 5am in your time zone when the Pokémon Direct is shown live.

Then what's the count down for? Something separate?

Then what's the count down for? Something separate?
I think there is a problem with the count down as reported in a tweet by @Bulbagarden:
Ignore the previous #PokémonDirect tweet with the Japanese timer please! Seems to use your local computer time, but ignores timezones. Oops.

Oh, okay that makes sense then. Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

My opinion: if you're not trying to report it to everyone as soon as possible (like the Bulbanews staff will be), there really isn't much point staying up. Just watch it/read about it when you wake up.

My thoughts exactly. Yes, at the moment I am anxious and the wait seems like forever...but I will undoubtedly get distracted before then and be pleasantly surprised when I log back in tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom