• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcement

The time of the big Jan. 8 has been revealed to be 11am GMT.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

So it begins.. well, you know what I mean. This is very exciting but these next 20 hours will drag.

Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

It will be a long day....though it means I'll have something to look forward to when I wake up in the morning.

And now, the longest day ever begins.

I wonder what it could be. It seems a bit too soon for Gen 6, but I'm not ruling it out.

What so big deal ???
It probably another Mystery Dungeon Or Ranger series !
I can't believe most people hoping for another Eeveelution.
Although , I'm interested in all Eeveelution having a new evolutionary 3rd Stage.
Just imagine what kind of cool pokemon Espion might evolve into if it get a 3rd stage.

Have you seen how much of a deal they're making out of it? Game Freak don't develop Spin Offs....

What so big deal ???
It probably another Mystery Dungeon Or Ranger series !
I can't believe most people hoping for another Eeveelution.
Although , I'm interested in all Eeveelution having a new evolutionary 3rd Stage.
Just imagine what kind of cool pokemon Espion might evolve into if it get a 3rd stage.
It is being announced simultaneously worldwide. They are devoting an entire Nintendo Direct to it. All of the Nintendo twitter accounts, Masuda, Pokémon.com, and Pokémon.co.jp are all making a big deal about it. No spin off has ever received coverage like this before. This concerns the main series without a doubt.

Given this will be 10 minutes long, and hosted by Satoru Iwata, I'd expect this announcement to be of something important and major. If it were a spinoff, it wouldn't be so important, after all, the last two spinoff games weren't announced in such a major event like this. Considering Junichi Masuda tweeted about it, it's highly likely it will concern the main series in particular, which would mean it's very important.

There's one of five possibilities:

1. The first Gen 6 Pokemon is revealed or has it's shadow shown- This one is the most likely of the bunch, we will get to see a new Pokemon from Gen 6, confirming that it will begin this year or so.
2. Announcement of a new Gen 6 game- Another likely possibility, even if no new Pokemon are revealed tomorrow, we will at least know that Gen 6 is going to begin this year.
3. R/S remakes- Probably unlikely, as I personally think it's too early for them to make them yet.
4. A spinoff game- Another unlikely possibility, if it were a spinoff game being revealed, it wouldn't be so important of an announcement.
5. Something else- They only said it was a big announcement, but they didn't specifically say it was a game that was being announced, it could be anything.

I'm personally leaning towards 1 or 2 myself, since they are the most likely.

Isn't Junichi Masuda also making an appearance on the Nintendo Direct? I'm sure he mentioned something like that on his Twitter.

Given this will be 10 minutes long, and hosted by Satoru Iwata, I'd expect this announcement to be of something important and major. If it were a spinoff, it wouldn't be so important, after all, the last two spinoff games weren't announced in such a major event like this. Considering Junichi Masuda tweeted about it, it's highly likely it will concern the main series in particular, which would mean it's very important.

There's one of five possibilities:

1. The first Gen 6 Pokemon is revealed or has it's shadow shown- This one is the most likely of the bunch, we will get to see a new Pokemon from Gen 6, confirming that it will begin this year or so.
2. Announcement of a new Gen 6 game- Another likely possibility, even if no new Pokemon are revealed tomorrow, we will at least know that Gen 6 is going to begin this year.
3. R/S remakes- Probably unlikely, as I personally think it's too early for them to make them yet.
4. A spinoff game- Another unlikely possibility, if it were a spinoff game being revealed, it wouldn't be so important of an announcement.
5. Something else- They only said it was a big announcement, but they didn't specifically say it was a game that was being announced, it could be anything.

I'm personally leaning towards 1 or 2 myself, since they are the most likely.

"Too early"?

You do realize it's been TEN years since Ruby/Sapphire, right?

If it's getting coverage of this magnitude, then it has to be something relating to the main game series, not a spin-off. Since when has a spin-off gotten this much coverage? On top of that, since it'll be worldwide simultaneously, then it has to be something major. My guess is either one or some Gen VI Pokemon will be released (more likely one, but we got four Gen IV Pokemon released in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew *Lucario, Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Weavile*), the announcement of a Gen VI Game coming out later this year (another high probability), or RS remakes (not as likely, but still up there). If I had to guess, I'd say it's the pre-release of a Gen VI Pokemon, but if I had my preference, I'd say RS remakes. However, given the fact that I don't think a remake wouldn't get this much of a worldwide coverage, it's gotta be one of the former two. Well, we'll just have to wait and see. That's gonna be the kicker... the wait. Set your clocks, because this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.

"Too early"?

You do realize it's been TEN years since Ruby/Sapphire, right?

I fail to see the point here. So what?

Besides, there should be some spacing between remakes, as popping out too many really just stagnates the series.

It's actually coming up to Eleven years now, if Red & Green can get remakes after eight years and Gold & Silver can get remakes after ten years then it's just as likely that Ruby & Sapphire can get remakes after Eleven years... I would keep an open mind about this announcement, we don't know what they're going to spring on us.

It's actually coming up to Eleven years now, if Red & Green can get remakes after eight years and Gold & Silver can get remakes after ten years then it's just as likely that Ruby & Sapphire can get remakes after Eleven years... I would keep an open mind about this announcement, we don't know what they're going to spring on us.

Agreed. Just take it as it comes, that's the best approach in this situation. We only have less than 24 hours before we know, so just stay mellow and accept whatever it is with an open mind and open arms.

If it's getting coverage of this magnitude, then it has to be something relating to the main game series, not a spin-off. Since when has a spin-off gotten this much coverage? On top of that, since it'll be worldwide simultaneously, then it has to be something major. My guess is either one or some Gen VI Pokemon will be released (more likely one, but we got four Gen IV Pokemon released in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew *Lucario, Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Weavile*), the announcement of a Gen VI Game coming out later this year (another high probability), or RS remakes (not as likely, but still up there). If I had to guess, I'd say it's the pre-release of a Gen VI Pokemon, but if I had my preference, I'd say RS remakes. However, given the fact that I don't think a remake wouldn't get this much of a worldwide coverage, it's gotta be one of the former two. Well, we'll just have to wait and see. That's gonna be the kicker... the wait. Set your clocks, because this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.

Usually, new Pokemon are always shown in silhouette form first, then are revealed about a week or month later, we only have another 17 hours to go before it happens, even if something leaks earlier than then, but that's unlikely.

Last edited:

Can someone please help me I went to the American Nintendo Site and I don't see a mention of the Nintendo Direct Special anywhere, and the story said it was on all Nintendo sites can someone prehaps post a link I would gladly appreciate it :)

Can someone please help me I went to the American Nintendo Site and I don't see a mention of the Nintendo Direct Special anywhere, and the story said it was on all Nintendo sites can someone prehaps post a link I would gladly appreciate it :)

Nintendo Direct | Misc. | Nintendo

Thanks for the help much appreciated, now I know where to watch it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom