• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Japanese cards to English card images.

Mumzy

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
Reaction score
I was going to scan some major cards such as Tepig, for a example, and add them to the TCG articles to replace the Japanese cards. But how? Can anyone tell me how to replace a image? How may I upload it?

So what does everyone think of really trying to work on this? I think it would be really nice, I may list the cards I'm adding here soon. If you are working on changing any just share.
Thanks! :029:

The images you upload need to be of either equal or higher quality as the Japanese scans. They also need to contain the full card, borders and all (no right corners). After you upload a few, we'll discuss how we can improve your scans. But yes, SnorlaxMonster is also correct about the autoconfirmed business on the archives.

As far as uploading over a certain card image goes, it's true that quality of scan comes before language. If you can get an English scan of equal or better quality than the Japanese one, by all means go ahead. However, if it's not of such quality, please don't.

The exception, as far as I'm concerned, is if a scan is used on a deck archetype article, English is far preferable and quality isn't as large an issue. In that case, do NOT upload it over the existing Japanese scan. Rather, upload it under a separate name and change the image in the archetype article. Leave the card article itself as-is. Understand?

Ok, I totally get it. Thanks everyone!!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom