• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Japanese site on Pokemon movie showings

Rex Kamex

OSHAWHAT?
Reaction score
I asked this on Sppf but didn't get a response, so...

This (official) Japanese website is talking about seeing the Japanese Pokemon movies, but I don't know that much more details. One of the links on lower area of the screen (the second one in that row of four blue links) has a schedule of movie showings.

What I don't know is... where are the movies being shown? On a TV channel? On the site itself? The second one is what I hope, but I'm not sure...

And if it is on the site, can it be something that people other than those in Japan can see?

It's the site of the channel "Kids Station" which constantly airs the original series (Kanto/Orange/Johto) again and again + all the movies
So said schedule is probably the channel's schedule (which is also listed on Pokéani's main page)

That website you linked to isn't the official website for Pokemon; it's the official website for Kids Station, a cable TV network in Japan that sometimes airs Pocket Monsters reruns.

All eleven movies will be airing on Kids Station in the next month or two. There isn't anything on there indicating that they will also be streaming them online.

That website you linked to isn't the official website for Pokemon; it's the official website for Kids Station

He said it's an "official Japanese website", not that it's Poké's official site - just it is an official site
At least so it seemed to me... anyway - yeah, I doubt they'll let us watch the movies on their site... they'll just air them on the channel like they already did 35325213 times (well, at least according to Pokéani's schedule - it seems like they air two eps every day and also air movies a lot)

That website you linked to isn't the official website for Pokemon; it's the official website for Kids Station, a cable TV network in Japan that sometimes airs Pocket Monsters reruns.

Piplup said:
He said it's an "official Japanese website", not that it's Poké's official site - just it is an official site
At least so it seemed to me...

Yeah, that's what I meant. That's why I said "this official Japanese site" (or a particular site that's Japanese and official) and not "the official Japanese site" (or the Japanese Pokemon site that's official.)

All eleven movies will be airing on Kids Station in the next month or two. There isn't anything on there indicating that they will also be streaming them online.

I see. That's too bad there's something indicating the streaming. I wasn't sure, but I didn't want to pass off the opportunity to ask.

Especially after the incident I had with THIS site...

... a Japanese official page on Yahoo that had a seven minute long video/promo for the Arceus movie. If you scroll down you'll see posters for the tenth, eleventh, and twelfth movies, with the dates July 16~21. Sometime around then was the time I found out about that page, and they had that Arceus movie promo, (Also an already known trailer for the movie), the first several minutes of the Darkrai movie (in Japanese), and the first several minutes of the Shaymin movie.

Which made me wonder if, judging by the posters of the Darkrai movie and older movies, they showed the first several minutes of the older movies from the dates mentioned, because if that had been true, then I had missed those opportunities. (Which I was sad about because the soundtracks for the first three movies are different in the original.)

Bleh, long post... point is, based on something that happened in the past I didn't to miss a chance to legally see at least parts of the movies online. Thanks for you guys' answers, though.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom