• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jasmine, Melissa, and Mom...

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I've heard rumours they will appear in Contests Randomly as opponents.

Anyone else seen this first hand? I haven't done much Contest.....

Yes I have seen all three of them. Melissa's Fuwariado gave me a lot of trouble several times on (I believe it was) Master Rank Smart.

Cool.

I wonder if Hikari will have a Contest Battle vs. Melissa, as well as Ash Gym Battling her?

Interesting. Since Melissa is a Gym Leader, that will make an interesting few anime episodes. EDIT: Beat. :p

And this is probably why Ayako was made a Grand Festival winner.

What does Jasmine use?

Jasmine should definitely turn up at the Grand Festival for Shino - a perfect way to get Ash and co to Johto afterwards, maybe explaining something new that's been recently set up in Johto akin to the Battle Frontier (no doubt whatever new feature shows up in the remakes/third game) so Ash can get excited about it and head there after the League.

Melissa and Jasmine would appear to have more in common than a tendency to stay out of their Gyms. I wonder if Jasmine's traveling to Sinnoh in order to participate in Super Contests, seemingly, is indicative of the absence of a Contest Hall in the vicinity of Johto, Kanto and Sevii Islands.

The fact that no such Contest Hall is to be found in FireRed and LeafGreen isn't a concrete proof, as Emerald displayed a level of flexibility with the Battle Frontier that emerged from the Battle Tower, and even more relevantly, the Wireless Mini Games house on Mossdeep City. Considering that FireRed and LeafGreen's Wireless Mini Games are essentially parallel to Ruby and Sapphire's Contests (in terms of being a Trainer's Card requirement), it seemed reasonable that if there were a third game to the remakes, Contests would be included much like Wireless Mini Games had found their way into Emerald.

The third game did not come, leaving the Fame Checker reference to Daisy Oak's being the Spring Pokémon Contest Champion up in the air.

I wonder if Hikari will have a Contest Battle vs. Melissa, as well as Ash Gym Battling her?

Heh, I bet that's going to happen.

Would be nice to see both Ash and Hikari battle the same person, I would assume maybe Hikari might lose so they don't beat her the same way, which would cost her that Contest.

Hikari will need a second loss down the road, and where Melissa shows up would be fine for Hikari's equivalant of "Rubello Town" of May's.

I'm sad we never saw Wallace or Juan in a contest in the anime.

Hell, Robert should've BEEN Wallace instead of yet another random character to avoid using someone from the games. It's like the writers resent using game characters and try to avoid it whenever possible.

I'm sad we never saw Wallace or Juan in a contest in the anime.

Hell, Robert should've BEEN Wallace instead of yet another random character to avoid using someone from the games. It's like the writers resent using game characters and try to avoid it whenever possible.

The issue is Robert was established early on as a strong Contest contender, at May's first Contest. Wallace was beaten out of being a GL as soon as Emerald was released, which was much farther down the storyline. They could have had Wallace at the Grand Festival, but I doubt it crossed their minds. Or thought it would distract from the Festival itself.

It's Wallace's own fault for taking on the role of an Elite 4 member. They're like a Brock Pokemon - you'll be lucky to see one or more of them at all.

You think we'll see Hikari Vs her mother sometime in D/P?

Obviously it can't be in a competition because her mother isn't collecting ribbons anymore, but as a climax to Hikari's character once D/P is ending, it would be nice to see her challenge her mother in a battle and win.

I assume that would be around the time of the 5th gen, because Hikari won't reach her mothers skill level until she's ready to leave the show 4 years from now.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom