• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jewelry, Accessories, Makeup..

Ah,the wonderful world of make-up. Until this year, I hadn't touched make-up, considering myself already really cool-looking. And while I still am, I like the way eyeliner just gives me that edge. I don't touch anything else, mostly because after my morning hair drama, there's not enough time.

A little unrelated, but I really want to dye my hair or at least get some highlights. Looking natural is cool and all, but it's just not the real me.

I have both my ears and my nose pierced :). I still to this day could never get a tattoo (my brother's covered in them), but I don't really like the concept, and if I did get one I would have to seriously have a real think about what it would be. If I did though, it would probably end up being some cool Jolteon design on my upper right arm, NOTHING else though. I seriously don't enjoy them and I think all these kids going around getting "sleeves" will SERIOUSLY regret it in years to come.

Makeup ....... I'm a guy and I wear foundation sometimes :coffee: nothing wrong with that. It works wonders when you have bags under your eyes and want to look fresh for the day haha. Wouldn't and haven't experimented with anything else and don't really plan to. Just like looking and feeling good.

Accessories, hmm I love a watch, and am always wearing mine. I also love bracelets, but heavy ones though haha, with subtle cool things about it, like for example I have a bracelet that has black links going around but it has a subtle blue colour under each one, it's awesome. I also wear a lot of rosary beads (I'm not crazy religious), it just helps me feel protected and I have lots of different ones in colours and materials.

I got my ears pierced my senior year of high school, and I rarely ever wear earrings. I should probably change that since I have all these nice earrings and I barely even wear them. xD It's just tedious since I struggle a bit with putting the earrings in my ear because I rarely wear earrings. I think towards the end of the summer, I'll start wearing them more so that it'll be easier for me to put them on in the morning.

As for other jewelry, I wear necklaces from time to time if I feel like it. I don't really wear rings. I mainly wear bracelets. I have one that I always wear, and it's basically a blue owl and then a silver bead and then another owl and a bead and so on, so forth around the bracelet. My mom got it for me just before I started at the university, so I wear it whenever I go there. (She has one just like it, but the owls are grey.) I also have a couple of those rubber bracelets from school, and I wear those on Fridays if I go out since Friday is our spirit day. Other than those, if it goes with my outfit, I'll wear it, but most of the time, it's just the owl bracelet.

I have some hair accessories that I wear on occasion. I usually don't really feel like messing with those in the morning before I leave, so I just sorta leave my hair down. Unless my mom wants to try something she saw online; she's working on getting her cosmetology license back (she just forgot to renew it years ago, so she just has to retest), and she's been practicing styles she sees online on my hair. Other than that though, I just leave it down. I tend to leave about an hour before my first class starts, so I don't really have a whole lot of time in the morning after I get up.

Make up isn't really my thing. I wear it on special occasions, and those are so few and far between that I have to buy make up most of the time to go with what I'm wearing. I'm half considering getting into make up, but I'm not overly interested in it. I never really have been. I have some perfume that I spray on myself before I go, but that's about it. Maybe one day, I'll get into make up.

Piercing-wise, I have earrings I wear at school (don't wear them on weekends, in the summer, or on holidays), but I'm going to be getting a philtrum/medusa piercing and likely a standard nose piercing on the left side of my nose as well.

For makeup, I fill in my eyebrows, of course use foundation/concealer, sometimes contour my face (not often, though), use eyeliner (I use liquid for black and gel for white/colors), and occasionally i'll wear eyeshadow and stuff if I'm feeling fancy.

Lastly, for other jewelry and accessories, I don't really often wear jewelry, but accessories on the other hand... love 'em. Gonna be buying some flower crowns on Thursday as I saw a bunch of cute ones (funnily enough, this was at Toys R Us haha) and I'm probably gonna be getting a few other accessories as well like flower hair clips 'n' stuff. =') Probably will be picking up flower- or owl-related jewelry as well, can't go wrong with more flowers or owls! <33

I never had any jewelry or accessories of any kind before my ex-boyfriend gave me a bracelet and a necklace for my birthday. I don't wear them anymore, but when I did wear them, they always felt... clingy. As I have to work on the computer a lot, the sounds of soft metal clinking on my wrists would irritate me a lot, so I eventually stopped wearing them. The only type of jewelry/accessories that I wear now is a wristwatch, which isn't a frequent thing, either. As for hair accessory, I have a butterfly-shaped clip that I use very often to pin up my hair. It's my favorite.

As for makeup, I wear them occasionally - sometimes for a meeting, sometimes for fun. I've taken an interest in trying out different nail polish as well. I haven't done anything colorful before - just translucent or nude colors so that they don't stand out even when there's a scratch. But recently, I've gotten this electric-yellow nail polish as a gift, and it looks (and feels) brilliant.

It looks really cool. It is a pity that now this is not sold anywhere.

I saw such a piece of jewelry at my grandmother's. My grandmother told me that such jewelry used to be the most fashionable. She said that jewelers used to know a lot about jewelry. I absolutely disagree with her, as I have seen a lot of cool jewelry. For example, I recently came across an elegant chain with a pendant in the form of heart halves on https://matchinggear.com/couple-necklaces/. It looks incredible, and I even ordered it so that my grandmother would understand that she was wrong.

Last edited:
The main accessory I seem to wear these days is my Fitbit. Plus my beanie hat if it gets cold and I can easily stuff my hair into it.

I wear ear cuffs instead of earrings as I never got them pierced. My jewellery collection consists of surfer and boho pendants and bracelets, some of which I bought or were given to me. I also make a lot of my own jewellery using findings and polymer clay, which I've made as gifts for family and friends and have sold in my Etsy shop. I've even made some cool Pokémon-themed pieces and I'm currently planning a Jojo-themed pendant in the shape of the Stone Mask from Part 1.

As for makeup, I only really add a tiny of mascara if I feel like it, since I don't really like the way makeup in general feels on my skin. But I try to make an effort for formal events and I have been experimenting with techniques for cosplay-related purposes.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom