• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jim Bunning is the most hilarious person on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
For those of you who don't follow politics, Jim Bunning is a senator from Kentucky. He was elected in 1998 with his highest credentials being that he was a Hall of Fame ballplayer. He turned out to be one of the worst senators in the world, but was re-elected in 2004 thanks to Bush's coattails. Now, those coattails are gone, and he is likely to be slaughtered in 2010 if he actually does run. As a result, the Republican party has slowly been trying to get him out so they can run a plausible candidate, who likely would hold the seat given Kentucky's conservative bent. There's just one problem: Jim Bunning.

See, Bunning, in addition to being totally worthless, is also completely nuts. He has threatened to sue the National Republican Senatorial Committee (the Republicans' fundraising branch for senators) because of tepid support. He then threatened to RESIGN OUTRIGHT, which would allow the Democratic (yes, really) governor of Kentucky to appoint a replacement, who would ostensibly be a Democrat. Now he is taking aim at Kentucky's senior senator, Mitch McConnell (the minority leader):

Sen. Jim Bunning is accusing fellow Kentuckian, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, of hogging the limited supply of Kentucky campaign cash by fundraising for his own 2014 campaign -- as Bunning struggles with his 2010 reelection.

"My senior senator (McConnell) also sent out his first mailing for 2014. Just as I refrained from doing it for two years, he sent out his, so you know where he stands,” the former big-league pitcher said during a conference call with reporters, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Source: http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/McConnells_sabotaging_me_Bunning_says.html?showall

I seriously cannot wait for this guy to lose, no matter who beats him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom