• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Jirachi or Celebi?

はりそん

Formerly koolhk^_^
Reaction score
jirachi.jpg

or

Celebi_anime.png

Who would you rather use in battle and who do you find cuter?
My vote goes to Jirachi^_^

I think Jirachi is cuter and would probably win in a battle, however my vote goes to Celebi; there's just something about it I like more...

Jirachi. I like its concept. And Celebi has a lot of weaknesses.

Jirachi is nice; and can be a better, move viable sweeper.

Celebi=Win
Jirachi=Theif≠Winner

And Celebi is always Right on time.

But i guess in Comp.Battle Jirachi would Sweep Celebi off the field >>

jirachi. i once used both in a battle. where as jirachi bet the hell out of a lv 100 arceus, celebi was knocked out straight away.

Celebi. I love stars, but I simply prefer Celebi's design overall (. .)

they're both awsome
but rachi can talk(in the anime)
and has better typing

I have multiple Jirachis, and no Celebi. I never really got Jirachi to work for me, but after looking at Celebi's stats, moves, and typing, I don't really like him either. Its a toss up.

Jirachi's concept is cool, but I don't like the design that much. So, in design, Celebi wins, I always had a soft spot for white and GREEN!! Cough. Also, Celebi looks huggable... Jirachi, eh... well, it's a steel type, I wouldn't hug it I guess...

In battle... The best Celebi has is HP fire and Earth Power, while Jirachi has Flinch Hax, Fire and Ice punch, U-Turn... their stats are even, so Celebi's best hope is to use trick to lock Jirachi into some move other than the ones it is weak too, T-Wave it and then sweep / stall it... Jirachi gets an easier way around.

Usefulness? Overall, it's Celebi... For me, supporters are the most useful team players, while the best Jirachi can do is wish passing... unless there is some move I missed. Although, Jirachi is an awesome solo player, with that freakin' Serene Grace Iron Head and good coverage it is able to sweep entire teams if some conditions are met...

I voted both, though, because Jirachi's concept makes up for its design which doesn't appeal me.

Jirachi has a great typing with all the resistances Steel provides and I have one (haven't tried using in battle yet, though: LV5 :p), but I really like Celebi as well. Like what you don't have? Celebi is also a time-traveler Pokemon which (I think) is much more interesting than a Wishing Pokemon that grants one every 1,000 years. They both have great designs, though, I'll give them that.

Voted both.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom