• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event lasts from Feb. 27 to March 13

The official Pokémon site has reported that Jirachi will be given out by American GameStop stores from Feb. 27 to March 13.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event lasts from Feb. 27 t

What, they can't distribute it through Wi-Fi? We have to waste gas money to get Jirachi?

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event lasts from Feb. 27 t

What, they can't distribute it through Wi-Fi? We have to waste gas money to get Jirachi?

Have they lost their minds? It was cool having Jirachi as the first Pokemon to be distributed over Wi-Fi, but that fact just had to be killed.

well this is awesome. and too those that wat a wifi event... wat about the people who dont have wifi? im srry but i prefer this more.

*sighs* Still no recent Nintendo events for Europe/U.K. then... xDD

I'm soo pissed
*Nintendo's Evil Plans*
1) Release Game Worldwide
2) Give 1 Wifi pokemon worldwide (Including countires where Nintendo hasn't officially released itslef in many countries-INDIA)
3) Release loads of pokemon through Gamestop in America to make Americans happy and to make the rest of the world jealaous.

Why can't they:
1. Release themselves officially EVERYWHERE
2. Make the events WIFI AND Gamestop...

It's so annoying that if you don't live in the US/Japan then you simply can't get a certain Poké, especially these which like this one unlocks something in the game... someone buy the game and get free events because he lives in the right place and someone buy the game just like the first person did but can't get anything because they don't care about other countries =\
They had excuses for this in the past... but now when we have wifi there's no excuse! not to mention this Jirachi was also given on wifi in Japan... I really hope they'll do like Japan and give it on wifi soon

It's not really like you guys aren't able to trade someone else on the forums for one, so why complain about it?

Yeah, I'm getting three of them. I'll trade one off if someone needs one.

Gamestop in on my way to the college.

It's not really like you guys aren't able to trade someone else on the forums for one, so why complain about it?

Uhh, some people make us trade really rare Pokémon for them. When I wanted PCP, someone wanted my Arceus for it... It's not like that with every Event Trade though of course, just yeah.

I'd rather get one myself than have to trade to be honest.

That, plus the fact that you're FAR more likely to have a way of getting to a wi-fi access point than to a Gamestop even if you DO live in the US. Hell, there almost twice as many McDonalds stores offering wi-fi in the US than there are Gamestop stores worldwide, and that's hardly the only way to get your DS online. Sorry, there's absolutely no valid argument for why Gamestop events are preferrable to wi-fi events.

You said it, Adamant. Hopefully, all events will be distributed via Wi-Fi in Gen. V.

Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to

Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to March 13

The official Pokémon site has reported that Jirachi will be given out by American GameStop stores from Feb. 27 to March 13.

Read more on Bulbanews

It's so annoying that if you don't live in the US/Japan then you simply can't get a certain Poké, especially these which like this one unlocks something in the game...

Realy? Because 1. Japan has twice as many events as the US, and 2. The pokemon that unlock stuff in game are distributed everywhere! Click here for assurance

Huh, Nintendo disappointed me again...

WOOT! 8D I can't for this day to come. Jirachi is really cool.
+ Draco Meteor is a strong move.

-_- Just trade someone for one & stop complaining,m really.
This happens all the time

I already knew this, I should have written this article! Maybe next time.

Still waiting for some of the events to occur over here in Europe/U.K., hopefully soon.

-_- Just trade someone for one & stop complaining,m really.
This happens all the time
(emphasis added)

And that's the problem.

That, plus the fact that you're FAR more likely to have a way of getting to a wi-fi access point than to a Gamestop even if you DO live in the US. Hell, there almost twice as many McDonalds stores offering wi-fi in the US than there are Gamestop stores worldwide, and that's hardly the only way to get your DS online. Sorry, there's absolutely no valid argument for why Gamestop events are preferrable to wi-fi events.

These events aren't to give you Pokemon. These events are held to draw people into stores, and hopefully get them to buy related merchandise. Putting them out on the Wi-Fi doesn't accomplish this, putting them out at Toys R Us or GameStop does. Because when there's an event at GameStop, kids drag their parents into the store and get their Pokemon... And then ask their parents for stuff from the store.

It's good business relations between the companies, and gets more items sold, which is good for both companies involved.

Thus, retail events ARE preferable to wi-fi events - Just not for the customer, but for the companies involved.

i can walk to my gamestop or bike it its about 2.5 miles from my house I cant wait to get Jirachi and if i had to g et it over a wifi point i would have to use my neighbors cause even though i do have high speed my router isnt wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom