• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27

I know it's not fair for another people, i like the in-store events since not everybody has access to wifi at there homes.

I hope you guys get the event in canada since it will be on wifi soon.

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27

I know it's not fair for another people, i like the in-store events since not everybody has access to wifi at there homes.

I hope you guys get the event in canada since it will be on wifi soon.

I'm highly doubtful that Nintendo will release any events in Canada. The last time I talked to a Nintendo rep (when I was employed by Best Buy), I was told by her that Nintendo considers the Canadian market too small to qualify for special events. Well, I can tell you my eyes almost popped out of my head when she told me that. I asked her if she was serious, and she responded in the affirmative. The way distribution works, is the product arrives in the US first, and priority distribution is given to US retail outlets. There is a base percentage of product set aside for Canada, which equals roughly about 10% of total North American product, regardless of demand. The only way Canada qualifies for a greater percentage of product distribution, is if the orders from US retailers does not meet their allocation threshold, in which case, Canada is allocated the remainder.

It is this thinking on Nintendo's part that prevents Canada from enjoying any of Nintendo's Pokemon events. We just simply are not valued as customers by Nintendo. We're given the leftovers and scraps that the US doesn't want. Harsh way of looking at it? For sure, but it is also fact.

Guys, in this day and age you can find wifi at your school, or local gym. Sorry, but saying you can't access wifi is really lame. Somewhere in your town, in a public place, is wifi.

I need a WEP key since i have a DS Lite and i can't get a signal and i probally need to buy a USB cord?

Error code 51099 Keeps coming up and does anybody know to disable secuity for wifi?

Last edited:

I need a WEP key since i have a DS Lite and i can't get a signal and i probally need to buy a USB cord?

Error code 51099 Keeps coming up and does anybody know to disable secuity for wifi?

There aren't USB cords for the DS that I know of. Only solution to it is to find the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Adapter thing for the DS, thing is they're not making them anymore despite the fact everyone moved off WEP and now many games can't go wi-fi unless you want to lower/turn off your security.

To remove security you'd have to have access to the control panel of the wi-fi router and go into one of the settings. I don't know the specifics since it's my dad who keeps track of the router, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Guys, in this day and age you can find wifi at your school, or local gym. Sorry, but saying you can't access wifi is really lame. Somewhere in your town, in a public place, is wifi.

Yes and schools either protect them with a WEP code you don't know (and don't have the will to hack into), a WPA code which prevents it from being used with pokémon, or requires an internet log in which isn't possible on a DS. And if you're smart, your wi-fi is set to WPA and thus doesn't work with pokémon unless you turn off/lower security, which not everyone is capable of. Places like starbucks won't connect either (or at least, from my experience). Unless you're going to hop onto some stupid neighbor's unprotected wi-fi, there really aren't free wi-fis hanging around.

I gotten my Jirachi today ^^^

Have you heard anything back from them Jay?

Have you heard anything back from them Jay?

Not a peep. It looks like I'll need to make a call to their office.

Me getz two--one on Diamond, and one on Platinum. Now I just have to wait until HG comes! I can't wait to play with the Pokéwalker.

I just got back from downloading mine!
It is awesome, I just wish smogon would have a set with draco.......

Me getz two--one on Diamond, and one on Platinum. Now I just have to wait until HG comes! I can't wait to play with the Pokéwalker.

I just got back from downloading mine!
It is awesome, I just wish smogon would have a set with draco.......

Congratulations Dratara and Pikmin on your acquisitions.

In an unexpected event, for the first time ever, Mexico received the event! Today I got my first event, and it's a cute Jirachi!! So sad I couldnt' grt a PCP.

Yes and schools either protect them with a WEP code you don't know (and don't have the will to hack into), a WPA code which prevents it from being used with pokémon, or requires an internet log in which isn't possible on a DS. And if you're smart, your wi-fi is set to WPA and thus doesn't work with pokémon unless you turn off/lower security, which not everyone is capable of. Places like starbucks won't connect either (or at least, from my experience). Unless you're going to hop onto some stupid neighbor's unprotected wi-fi, there really aren't free wi-fis hanging around.

Perhaps it is just me and my schools I go to, and the starbucks I have, and the gym I have, but all these places work with the games for wifi. Even my school with its security programs doesn't cause issues.

Also, you don't have a wifi hotspot in your town? Sounds bad for tourism.

Mine is almost cloned and I sr for a bold nature, so send me a pm if you are in a different country/ have no wifi and you feel left out, we can work out a trade

I got my jirachi. I got one on each game and I may give the extra one away if they trade me a pokemon I am missing.

Grr..hope to pick my 3 up this week. I saw a commercial for it earlier today

I really need to renew my passport....D:

At the bottom of the details part in the gamestop ad it says, "Content distribution may be made available over nintendo wifi connection." Is that hinting that the jirachi distribution might go to wifi eventually?

I really need to renew my passport....D:

At the bottom of the details part in the gamestop ad it says, "Content distribution may be made available over nintendo wifi connection." Is that hinting that the jirachi distribution might go to wifi eventually?

Yeah, but they always been saying that on the poster i woulnd't hold my breath.

I guess I'll need swim across the Niagara river...D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom