• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to

As much as I want to blame someone, it isn't Nintendo's doing... they don't directly control any of the event giveaways. It's The Pokemon Company International that organizes these events. From what I've heard, they offer the events to Canadian retailers (TRU, Gamestop/EB Games) at the same time they do their American counterparts. The Canadian retailers have simply chosen, almost always, not to participate.

The one exception was when TRU gave out the Secret Key for Platinum... for whatever reason, Canadian TRUs participated in that. Kind of a bonehead move, though, if they were trying to gauge how popular event giveaways could possibly be for the future... the Secret Key was released like a day or two later over Wi-Fi, so I don't see why anyone would've bothered driving out to a TRU.

Wow, really?
Why would they deny such a thing?
They could be making some sort of profit by people purchasing things while present for the event?
I feel like calling them up and for them to explain their reasoning, for doing something ridiculous like this.

Yeah, doesn't make sense for them accepting this event, while anyone could access it, and not accept an event that is limited to a lot of players.
Just doesn't make sense.

Appreciate the input.

Thanks.

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to

Well, that's great for all the Australians and kangaroos, but when are they going to have the American Mew event?

Well, that's great for all the Australians and kangaroos, but when are they going to have the American Mew event?

The Annivesary Mew unlocks nothing... there's no guarantee it will ever be done outside Japan. Japan gets dozens of events that never make it out of the country.

Hooray, I can go. Mum agreed to drive me out to Brisbane city to Toys "R" Us and we're gonna spend the day shopping and stuff.

And hooray! I have Diamond AND HeartGold so I can get two! Yipee!
Pity these events aren't held globally... My heart goes out to all the Canadians who are complaining about this.

Pity these events aren't held globally... My heart goes out to all the Canadians who are complaining about this.

What about NZers!

What about NZers!

nobody cares
I'm kidding. NZ gets ripped off when it comes to events like these =/ I'm surprised Nintendo didn't just make Jirachi available via download.

my kangaroo and I are going to enjoy having 5 seperate Jirachi :D :D

I got my eye on 2 of these though that's where the trouble lies sure you could get all 5 version Jirachi's but you could also be watched very closely by tru security

I got my eye on 2 of these though that's where the trouble lies sure you could get all 5 version Jirachi's but you could also be watched very closely by tru security

Assuming you own a copy of each Gen IV game, why would security (or anyone) care about your downloading a free event on 5 games you legally own?

Besides, the actual range of one of those wireless distributions is quite impressive. Most of the time you can actually just hang around outside the store, or in the parking lot, and still be within range to download the Wondercard.

^Well then say security isn't the problem having only one DS(which most do)having to change games five different times would be a bit of a pain

I will probably go to the Toys R us near me on the third. The only problem is that I have to catch to and back on a bus, and I am a bit paranoid about taking all of my games and the DS with me, although it would be in broad daylight but still.

Plus I don't want to walk around the shopping center carrying a bag with my DS and the Diamond Case (Which my games will be in), I don't want anyone thinking I stole them or something (But Diamond isn't new and there's would be what four or five games in it). So I will probably just go to Toys R us which is right close to the doors, and if I am finished in almost an hour grab lunch and catch the bus back.

I will probably go to the Toys R us near me on the third. The only problem is that I have to catch to and back on a bus, and I am a bit paranoid about taking all of my games and the DS with me, although it would be in broad daylight but still.

That's not so bad... I'm considering taking a day trip to New Jersey to download a few VGC10 Shiny Eevees the week after next, and it's a heck of a drive (~830km).

Pokeshipping- Not sure what they are exactly but if I am right I might have one of those, I brought some HG/SS stylus along with some of these things the DS carts goes in

Ah I see, that's not the one I have (Similar in a way) but thanks, I will have to look for it

I have a catalogue from Big W, partcipating stores are also going to be giving out Jirachi. Not that there are that many of them either close to me

I just move my pokemon Channel Jirachi to my SS and night edge sky was in the pokewalker list so for all people that can't get to one and want the course, there's a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom