• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to 13

Australian Toys "R" Us stores will be giving out Jirachi from June 3 to 13.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to

If this follows the pattern of other event-unlocking Pokemon that've been released in non-JP/US regions late enough so that the game they unlock stuff in has already come out, the odds are it will be downloadable to any Gen IV game, unlike the US and JP distributions which were limited to D/P/Pt.

Re: Jirachi to be distributed by Australian Toys "R" Us stores: Event runs June 3 to

If this follows the pattern of other event-unlocking Pokemon that've been released in non-JP/US regions late enough so that the game they unlock stuff in has already come out, the odds are it will be downloadable to any Gen IV game, unlike the US and JP distributions which were limited to D/P/Pt.

I really hope this is true
Anyways, my only response is..About Time!!

New Zealand misses out again! I was so pissed about arceus! Couldn't they do a wi-fi event again?!

THe distribution in Italy isn't happened yet, please... i want a Jirachi and the night sky edge.

I wish I lived closer to a Toys "R" Us... :-(

Maybe I can get my mum to drive me there.

Being that HG is my first Gen 4 game, it kind of sucks that all the events happened during the release of d/p/pt.

Sigh, another event I/we miss out on.
When will Nintendo wake up and do the right thing, by providing everyone with the download, not only the Australians.

Thanks.

Sigh, another event I/we miss out on.
When will Nintendo wake up and do the right thing, by providing everyone with the download, not only the Australians.

As much as I want to blame someone, it isn't Nintendo's doing... they don't directly control any of the event giveaways. It's The Pokemon Company International that organizes these events. From what I've heard, they offer the events to Canadian retailers (TRU, Gamestop/EB Games) at the same time they do their American counterparts. The Canadian retailers have simply chosen, almost always, not to participate.

The one exception was when TRU gave out the Secret Key for Platinum... for whatever reason, Canadian TRUs participated in that. Kind of a bonehead move, though, if they were trying to gauge how popular event giveaways could possibly be for the future... the Secret Key was released like a day or two later over Wi-Fi, so I don't see why anyone would've bothered driving out to a TRU.

Boy! Can't they just release it at an event at sylvia park or something! It would stop my whineing!

about freakin time we got another event legend...i only have arceus out of the 'special' legends...
Sure, the closest Toys 'R' Us is up in the city, but thats only a short train ride from me ^-^
One more towards pokedex completion!

I'll clone this Jirachi for any Canadian who requests a copy.... New Zealanders on the other hand *pleh*

This is pretty cool, there's a Toys R Us near where I live, if they have it there I can go there and get it, maybe on HG/SS/D/P/P if possible.

I very much hope this is available to HG/SS. The closest Toys 'R' Us store is about an hours drive away from me, but it's probably worse for others so I'm not complaining. Still, there has to be a better, more widespread store for them to use.

Fail.
there are 15-20 "toy R us'" in NSW, all 6 hours from where I live. I have the channel one so meh I guess... I read somewhere it works for the pokewalker?

I read somewhere it works for the pokewalker?

Uhh... what do you mean? The Jirachi unlocks the pokewalker path, Night Sky's Edge, if you get the Jirachi on HG/SS, if that's what you wanted to know.

Uhh... what do you mean? The Jirachi unlocks the pokewalker path, Night Sky's Edge, if you get the Jirachi on HG/SS, if that's what you wanted to know.

Actually, any Jirachi unlocks the Night Sky's Edge for the Pokéwalker; the game only checks if Jirachi's entry is present on your Pokédex to make available the course the next time you select the option "Connect to Pokéwalker" on the main screen. I noticed this when I migrated my WISHMKR Jirachi to HeartGold and then linked the game with the 'walker.

Actually, any Jirachi unlocks the Night Sky's Edge for the Pokéwalker; the game only checks if Jirachi's entry is present on your Pokédex to make available the course the next time you select the option "Connect to Pokéwalker" on the main screen. I noticed this when I migrated my WISHMKR Jirachi to HeartGold and then linked the game with the 'walker.

I think you have to have a Fateful Encounter Jirachi or something in order for the Night Sky's Edge. If you have a hacked Jirachi that doesn't have Fateful Encounter, I'm pretty sure it won't work.

I think you have to have a Fateful Encounter Jirachi or something in order for the Night Sky's Edge. If you have a hacked Jirachi that doesn't have Fateful Encounter, I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Jirachi from Generation III games (WISHMKR, CHANNEL, Japanese Tanabata ones, etc.) don't have the Fateful Encounter flag: when you check their Trainer Memo in those versions they show Met in a Fateful Encounter (FRLG) or obtained in a fateful encounter (RSE), but that text is just a hexadecimal location description like any other from the games (Route 119, Desert Underpass, Altering Cave, etc.) and doesn't reflect the real Fateful Encounter status of a Pokémon when you migrate it to a DPtHGGS cart. Even the text is erased from the Pokémon data structure once it arrives via Pal Park (it's replaced with the name of the region it originally has), like usual.

So in the end, I think any Jirachi (hacked ones as well) would unlock Night Sky's Edge for your Pokéwalker, as the only thing your game takes into account is its Pokédex entry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom