• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is if he still remembers he has a collection of Pokémon, including a Bulbasaur.

That said, I don't think this episode will be about Ash's Bulbasaur, let alone making it evolve. Sounds so random. Adding to that, looking at that picture, it looks like he has never seen a Bulbasaur evolve into a Ivysaur, even though he has seen it once before in the first season of the Pokémon Series. Then again, I shouldn't expect much as Ash is known to "forget about the Pokémon he has seen before" whenever he comes back to Pallet Town.

I like to call it "Iforgothis" or "Whatsthis" syndrome, a unique condition only found in Ash Ketchum's head. Maybe its something unique to Pallet Town, don't know.

And yes, this is a joke :LOL:
Giving Ash credit, even some, is only possible if i were able to sell a bridge from my backyard, which is like....well...never.

I will be surprised IF he remembers Bulbasaur though....that would be a start. But his Bulbasaur evolving....yeah, no. I have more luck trying to win the lottery, which I never do :LOL:
If you're only going to post trollish comments that almost seem borderline Ash-hate then I suggest you use Reddit for that, they'll love you there and you'll be showered with fake internet points. No need of the negativity here.

Also, did you forget SM042, SM043? I could get more examples if I dig deeper, but those two are the first to come to mind.

If you're only going to post trollish comments that almost seem borderline Ash-hate then I suggest you use Reddit for that, they'll love you there and you'll be showered with fake internet points. No need of the negativity here.

Also, did you forget SM042, SM043? I could get more examples if I dig deeper, but those two are the first to come to mind.

Dude, settle down with the defensiveness. I haven't broken any rules, and it were just joke comments based on what I know/remember from Ash's performance, but I can see how it could come over as hate, but if it makes anything alright, I never meant this to be the case, so i will be careful next time with my wording, if that is any okay with you. Can;t do more than that.

That said, just to clarify myself, I have no hate for Ash. If I had, I wouldn't even bother commenting here. Of course, I haven't watched the older seasons, such as BW, Diamond & Pearl, etc. Always just skipped right away to Gym, Capture, Evolution or League related episodes. Beyond that, I have barely watch the anime, and only really remember some of Ash's fluke ups, hence my recent comments you quoted. Again, not as hate, but as something hillarious.

I have only really watched the starting episodes of SM, so I will have to watch the SM season myself sometime with the english dub once it completes its run, as I only watched the league episodes with subs, which by the way, I found awesome to watch and the final episode was good as well.

Last edited:
Dude, settle down with the defensiveness. I haven't broken any rules, and it were just joke comments based on what I know/remember from Ash's performance, but I can see how it could come over as hate, but if it makes anything alright, I never meant this to be the case, so i will be careful next time with my wording, if that is any okay with you. Can;t do more than that.
I'm not even being remotely defensive... just stating how your comment appears in general. And despite you not having broken any rules, your comments were being somewhat... off, to put it in words. Your "joke" comments on his performance are you generalizing his BW performance to his entire self, not even taking DP, XY and even SM into consideration. Glad to see you realized the problem though.
That said, just to clarify myself, I have no hate for Ash. If I had, I wouldn't even bother commenting here. Of course, I haven't watched the older seasons, such as BW, Diamond & Pearl, etc. Always just skipped right away to Gym, Capture, Evolution or League related episodes. Beyond that, I have barely watch the anime, and only really remember some of Ash's fluke ups, hence my recent comments you quoted. Again, not as hate, but as something hillarious.
I think we found the root of the problem. You can't judge a character without even properly knowing much about them, especially when one of the series you mentioned is when Ash was at his absolute best. Yeah, you can choose to avoid fillers that don't contribute in any way to character development/progression but that's about it.
I have only really watched the starting episodes of SM, so I will have to watch the SM season myself sometime with the english dub once it completes its run, as I only watched the league episodes with subs, which by the way, I found awesome to watch and the final episode was good as well.
I highly recommend you go watch Johto (skipping fillers), Battle Frontier, the entire DP arc and the entire XY arc then.

I'm not even being remotely defensive... just stating how your comment appears in general. And despite you not having broken any rules, your comments were being somewhat... off, to put it in words. Your "joke" comments on his performance are you generalizing his BW performance to his entire self, not even taking DP, XY and even SM into consideration. Glad to see you realized the problem though.

When I do something wrong, and people point it out, I'm quick to realize the issue is mostly with myself. If I was really spreading hate or being a troll in general, my comment to you would have been way different, or maybe I wouldn't have commented at all. I guess BW is where Ash is at his worst? I haven't really watched that season, so if BW is the worst, I will be sure to evade that season as to prevent myself getting more down on Ash. At least Sun/Moon gave him a pretty good performance overall (although his design in the said series is pretty....eh.).

Like there was a time I really didn't think he'd win the Alola League, based on old performances, but the writers surprised me.

I think we found the root of the problem. You can't judge a character without even properly knowing much about them, especially when one of the series you mentioned is when Ash was at his absolute best. Yeah, you can choose to avoid fillers that don't contribute in any way to character development/progression but that's about it.

it also kind of depends how the writers write Ash in these many seasons, and to be fair, they don't tend to be very consistent a lot, especially in the much earlier seasons. And that is a geniune criticism from me, feel free to disagree if you must. Like many before me, I too was pretty soured on the Kalos league's ending and may have advanced my look on Ash to be a bit more negative. Maybe the newest season with the world tour theme may improve my opinion more. Just to prove I mean well, and I'm not trolling or whatever, I will be watching the newest episodes in sub and genuine comment on each to what I think, right on this forum. The pacing of the newest season also seems to be pretty fast.

I highly recommend you go watch Johto (skipping fillers), Battle Frontier, the entire DP arc and the entire XY arc then.

I have watched most of Johto, and I wouldn't really know what filler is, and what isn't, which is pretty hard to do with the anime. Battle Frontier the same, and I have also watched most of the DP and the XYZ Arc. So yeah, I won't be watching these again. SM i will do, because its pretty recent still, doing the english dub, so i can see these episodes you mentioned in your previous comment, followed with following the newest season.

Going back to the topic of the actual episode discussion, I myself don't think Ash's Bulbasaur will appear physically, nor evolve. From what I have seen of Ash's Bulbasaur in the older series, is that its a pretty proud Pokémon who doesn't feel the need to evolve to be stronger. What I will expect at the very minimum, is a rememberance to his actual Bulbasaur.

That said, not much info has been released of this episode, so things can still change.

Just pointing out that the blurb says Ash sees a group of Ivysaur traveling to the garden. This seems to imply that the single Bulbasaur we see in the artwork is an outlier and was likely brought by Ash himself. My theory is that all of those Ivysaur are the Bulbasaur we saw evolve in OS, where Ash's Bulbasaur was left as the last Bulbasaur. This explains the odd detail that it's a group of Ivysaur, not Bulbasaur like last time. Why would Ash's Bulbasaur evolve now after all these years you ask? For the same reason that his Cyndaquil evolved in DP. Because it would just be cool.

A quick side note. If his Bulbasaur evolves then Ash would officially have each of the Pokemon that the Pokemon Trainer has in Smash. I cool nod if nothing else.

The synopsis also said it is a mystery about Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venasaur.

So, it could be other Bulbasaur, although we only see one in the poster.

This does really have BMG feels to it and it makes my spine tingle with nostalgia and anticipation and blah blah blah.

I say we riot if Satoshi's Fushigidane doesn't at least get referenced in this episode, you all with me? I think the evolution question is wishful thinking tbh, but as we're already talking about it, I'm on the fence - on one hand I love Fushigidane as the iconic little beastie it is, on the other hand, Fushigisou is the undeniable coolest kid in the evolutionary lineup so I'm not opposed.

Interesting little note: the original mysterious garden was somewhere in the middle of nowhere between Sekichiku/Fuschia and Guren/Cinnabar, so the real mystery will be if they try and make this the same location...

In the today special, we can see clips of future episodes.

We can see a march of Ivysaur and a march of Bulbasaur (these two groups are coming together)

So, the single Bulbasaur in the artwork isn't an outlier.

In the today special, we can see clips of future episodes.

We can see a march of Ivysaur and a march of Bulbasaur (these two groups are coming together)

So, the single Bulbasaur in the artwork isn't an outlier.
Yeah, I saw it...sigh.

I'm really looking forward to this episode, will be nice to see Ivysaur get some much needed focus

Looking at this screenshot that appears to be from this episode, multiple Bulbsaur and Ivysaur will be appearing in this episode

Last edited:
Cast list:
  • Satoshi: Rica Matsumoto
  • Go: Daiki Yamashita
  • Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
  • Koharu: Kana Hanazawa
  • Professor Sakuragi: Yuichi Nakamura
  • Musashi: Megumi Hayshibara
  • Kojiro: Shinichiro Miki
  • Nyarth: Inuko Inuyama
  • Sonans: Yuji Ueda
  • Sakaki: Kenta Miyake
  • Junsar: Risa Shimizu
  • Kikuna: Sayaka Senbongi
  • Renji: Noriaki Kanze
  • Go's Rotom Phone: Marina Aicholtz
  • Narration: Kenyu Horiuchi

So no Matori, I wonder if she will have a silent cameo or if her role will be smaller than in SM?

Speaking of Junsar/Joy, I do wonder if they will get retconned redesigns for older regions. Isshu, Kalos, and Alola all had unique designs but the other four regions share one— will Kanto keep the originals while the other three get slight redesigns to differentiate them?

Summary to go with SS003, courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have become research fellows at the Sakuragi Laboratories. Their first job is to investigate Fushigisou, the Pokémon there's currently a massive outbreak of in the city. Just what is going on?!
We'll also have extravagant giveaways!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go have become research fellows at the Sakuragi Laboratories. This means they'll be investigating all kinds of Pokémon while living at the laboratory. Shortly after they've been given this position, the lab receives news about a mysterious outbreak of Fushigisou in the city, so their first job as research fellows end sup becoming to investigate this! When they go into the city, they see that there's tons of Fushigisou there! It seems they're all headed for somewhere, but... What is the secret the Fushigisou hide?!
We'll also have extravagant giveaways this week as well! Don't miss out

The Team Rocket (one of the worst Pokémon villains next to Team Lysandre) is going to return since the series finale of Sun and Moon series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom