• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far not really excited for this episode. Maybe the preview will change my thoughts.

Two things can make this episode interesting for me:
  • A reference to Ash's Bulbasaur
  • Go getting a Bulbasaur after rescuing it from Team Rocket

Matori is a great character, she was great in Sun and Moon becoming a strong rival for Team Rocket
In what way was she a great character? Did she have an original personality, story or role? I'm really not sure personally.

I also don't see how she could become a rival for the TRio when she was essentially a boss of theirs. She was a thorn in their sides, no doubt, but I don't think she ever considered them anything more than an underperforming nuisance.

Last edited:
I think this episode will really be our first look into whether or not this series will be continuity-heavy or if it will pull an I Choose You! and evoke feelings of nostalgia without actually committing to it. If the title includes references to a "Mysterious Garden" but there's no reference to EP051 then I think a lot of us are in for disappointment moving forward. Not that this episode is definite proof of anything, but it could be an early look at what exactly this series will be like.

And as for Matori, she was decently interesting in Sun&Moon but I'd much rather see the return of Yamato and Kosaburo.

Personally, I don’t care of Matori. I don’t like her because of the bad memories of Best Wishes

I don't like her, period. There's nothing about her that makes me excited to see her appear in any episode and I'm still salty that she was introduced so late into the series. Like, if she had been Giovanni's secretary from the start of OS or around that time, then maybe I would've grown to like her.

Here is the short and full preview:

Okay, there's something that's kinda bothering me about this episode: why did they change Officer Jenny's design? Like, I'd understand if this was Galar and they had to come up with a new, original design for her... But this is Kanto. They already had a pre-established (and pretty iconic) design for her in this region. So why change it for something else? It's just weird and I really don't understand why they've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom