• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN003: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird that there is no sign of Ash getting a second Pokemon, be it old or new. He tosses out a Poke Ball in the pre-preview clip, but that's a generic pose. Meanwhile, Go will be catching Scorbunny and a slew of Bug types soon.

It's weird that there is no sign of Ash getting a second Pokemon, be it old or new. He tosses out a Poke Ball in the pre-preview clip, but that's a generic pose. Meanwhile, Go will be catching Scorbunny and a slew of Bug types soon.
Episode 7 might feature an Ash capture. Or maybe he already has 5 reserves on him and we don't get to find out who until he uses them.

Pikachu's taken out Tyranitar and Gyarados before, and it'd be child's play to get them to hit each other as well, so there's no threat or tension here

Agreed, Tyranitar and Gyarados are supposed to be powerfully dangerous Pokemon yet under team rocket, they'd be as useful as Magikarp and Larvitar

There's no way Pikachu will get permanently caught or anything but they might have him get beaten up so something or someone else has to save the day; if they gave TR a Mimikyu that can beat him they'll give them a random Tyranitar/Gyarados that can do it.

If Pikachu DOES beat both of them it'll be the anti-Snivy, which I would certainly find agreeable.
Edit: I do sort of wonder if maybe TR will be cycling through different "mission specific" Pokémon from Giovanni in different episodes as a way of showing off as many different species as possible? Just a thought, I'm not predicting it or anything.
Alt theory: The comment about them having to use their own funds to afford that mecha that was showed off--maybe they lose here and it costs them Gio's favor and he takes Gyarados and Tyranitar back?
Even as someone who likes TR it'd feel cheap to just have such powerful Pokémon handed to them without effort.

Even as someone who likes TR it'd feel cheap to just have such powerful Pokémon handed to them without effort.

Not to mention it takes away one of the things that make the TRio great, they always(Aside from BW) have the best bonds with their Pokemon. James especially!
Not to mention.... Kotaru attends an actual real school. If they somehow let her blast them off, that's just straight absurd and utterly ridiculous! Even worse than when a newly hatched Vulpix brought down a Pokemon that had bested Pikachu in the previous episode

I'm not too keen on Team Rocket having powerful Pokemon as any Pokemon team rocket use are easily defeated

Unless they are actually becoming serious like during Black and White

The TRio is always presented as more of a threat in the beginning of each series though.

They seemed pretty menacing in their debut episode.
I have no memories of early AG, though it's probably the only exception.
They were the whole reason Pikachu got lost in DP and he ended up in pretty bad conditions.
BW is self-explanatory.
In early XY Wobbuffet shinned like never before and they sorta caused havoc in all of Lumiose City.
They made the headlines in SM for beating Ash in what was a pretty fair and square battle.

Last edited:
I’m actually hoping that they do what they should have done in BW which is make Team Rocket a threat but not have them be robot and actually keep all their characters that make them great.
And most importantly have them bond with their Pokémon.

Edit: XY was probably actually the closest to doing that perfect combination now the I think about.

Also I would like to assume that Team Rocket are keeping the Pokémon because of the intro.

Last edited:
Them keeping these two Pokemon would mean more of a less bond with their Pokemon since it's not actually there's. The Interview still implies they are comedic so I dunno.

I hope they will make a serious effort to make Team Rocket relevant to the plot. If they are just going to make them serious for a few episodes and then go back to normal there is no point in doing it at all.

But it could be interesting if done right. What does Team Rocket's newfound power mean to them? What are their goals?

I think what made the BW Team Rocket interesting to me was that they seemed like they were going to have some sort of arc that would eventually lead to a big battle between Team Plasma and Team Rocket.

If they are going to be serious again they definitely need some kind of arc and character development. I hope that Musashi will be involved with the plot with Mew and have some emotional scenes due to her backstory. That would help balancing out the scenes where she is more serious/tough.

The idea of a threatening, menacing, competent Rocket trio is one that if done well could be really interesting! Best Wishes did it terribly, if they still treat them like actual characters with personalities, backstories, and actually lets them win (basically like Sun&Moon with maybe a bit more focus/interaction with Satoshi?) it works.

The interviews with their voice actors is keeping me optimistic here, but man those Pokémon choices are weird.

Certainly mixed on this?? The idea of serious Rockets sounds really interesting but having them get random powerhouses out of the blue without any character development for it reeks of BW vibes to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom