• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It’s unlikely but not exactly impossible since we’re not really aware of the Ketchum family tree. Ash might not be aware of some far off cousin or something: unless Go has met Delia.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
So Shoot City is Wyndon. Wow, they're actually going to the last city you get to in SwSh on their first trip to Galar. That's pretty insane, but it's good since Wyndon is where the league takes place. Ash just might be able to get word of the gym challenge while he and Go are there.

PokeFan Summary
Reaction score
A NEW ADVENTURE IN THE GALAR REGION!
CHASE AFTER HIBANNY!!

Satoshi and Go have arrived in the Galar region for the first time. But immediately after their arrival there, Satoshi's backpack gets stolen by a Hibanny they met there?! What will happen to their investigation now?

HIBANNY: A Pokémon Satoshi and Go met in Shoot City. It appears to love playing pranks.

Hibanny's legs are very strong. Its powerful kick finished off Pikachu!

"Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!" is set to air December 8th!
(time and date varies depending on region)

Translations by Dephender

Reaction score
Hmm, I honestly didn't think Pikachu would get it's traditional nerf this time considering how strong it seemed during the Lugia fight. Curious that Ash's backpack gets stolen and not his hat, it reminds me of that tweet from around the time of the reveal that said something along the lines of, "and what are the curious contents of Ash's backpack?".

Reaction score
The "finish off" was a mistake of translation.

It just say that Hibanny lands a powerful kick on Pikachu (which we already know).

A NEW ADVENTURE IN THE GALAR REGION!
CHASE AFTER HIBANNY!!

Satoshi and Go have arrived in the Galar region for the first time. But immediately after their arrival there, Satoshi's backpack gets stolen by a Hibanny they met there?! What will happen to their investigation now?

HIBANNY: A Pokémon Satoshi and Go met in Shoot City. It appears to love playing pranks.

Hibanny's legs are very strong. It lands a powerful kick on Pikachu!

"Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!" is set to air December 8th!
(time and date varies depending on region)

Bookworm
Reaction score
Why not have Satoshi catch a new weaker Pokémon and have it get defeated instead of his Pikachu that just helped him win his first league?

Maybe Satoshi could just say that he wants to train his new Pokémon since Pikachu is already so strong that it doesn't need to beat up weaker opponents.

Sssh! He's napping...
Reaction score
The "finish off" was a mistake of translation.

It just say that Hibanny lands a powerful kick on Pikachu (which we already know).
Praise Arceus.

I mean Scorbunny might still beat him it just hasn't been confirmed.
I guess they want Gou's partner to look good.

Reaction score
Praise Arceus.

I mean Scorbunny might still beat him it just hasn't been confirmed.
I guess they want Gou's partner to look good.
To be fair, Go's Scorbunny isn't a starter. This Scorbunny is a wild Pokemon (it is the leader of a Pokemon gang).

It is still somewhat weird if Pikachu doesn't overpower Scorbunny, but it isn't Trip's Snivy case either.

Sssh! He's napping...
Reaction score
To be fair, Go's Scorbunny isn't a starter. This Scorbunny is a wild Pokemon (it is the leader of a Pokemon gang).

It is still somewhat weird if Pikachu doesn't overpower Scorbunny, but it isn't Trip's Snivy case either.
It's not the same as Trip, but a wild Scorbunny being stronger than Tapu Koko is still really, REALLY hard for me to buy.

Editing Bulbapedia
Reaction score
Cast list:
  • Satoshi: Rica Matsumoto
  • Go: Daiki Yamashita
  • Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
  • Hibanny: Megumi Hayashibara
  • Professor Sakuragi: Yūichi Namakura
  • Barrierd: Yūji Ueda
  • Scone Man: Katsuhisa Hōki
  • Go's Rotom Phone: Marina Aicholtz
  • Narration: Kenyu Horiuchi
  • Kusune (Nickit): Risa Shimizu, Kei Shindō, Sayaka Senbongi

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
So I guess we should expect the Rocket trio's attendance record to be as atrocious as it was during Sun & Moon...?
I'm trying not to complain too much about Team Rocket but I'm glad they don't appear in every episode

Status
Not open for further replies.