• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have go to the Galar region in order to investigate a phenomenon that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. But as they are thoroughly engrossed in the local specialty scones, a group of Pokémon they've never seen before show up...
We'll have giveaways this week as well!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go, research fellows at the Sakuragi Laboratories, have go to the Galar region in order to investigate a phenomenon that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. After arriving in a city called Shoot City they get thoroughly engrossed in the beautiful cityscape and the local specialty scones, but then a group of Pokémon they've never seen before ends up playing pranks on them?! In addition, a Pokémon the Pokémon Zukan has no data on appears as well... Could they actually have discovered an all new species of Pokémon?!
And you can get extravagant gifts by watching the anime this week as well?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Mtasumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibanny
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Yuji Ueda: Barrierd
Katsuhisa Hoki: Scone salesman
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Risa Shimizu: Kusune
Kei Shindo
Sayaka Senbongi

Even SM's treatment of the TRio is starting to become generous to me now... the 3rd episode better deliver

So I guess we should expect the Rocket trio's attendance record to be as atrocious as it was during Sun & Moon...?

Going off these first four episodes it’s even worse since they were in SM004...

Yeah it’s a tiny sample size but it doesn’t bode well...

While Scorbunny is enough conflict for itself, it would've been great to see TR's reaction to Galar and possible foreshadowing to who will be their new partners.

I wonder if Go's Rotom will have a personality or just read the dex entries. And the "mystery Pokemon" better be Zacian or Zamazenta, because it would be weird if the dex was banned from reading Galar Pokemon.

Look like the only way to watch preview is through here:

Its interesting to note that Scorbunny is brown
It's more interesting that they went out of their way to recolor that scene just for the trailer. Also I'm thinking the "undiscovered" pokemon in this episode might just be that mysterious black rabbit (cough cough).

Funny how the Sword and Shield games talk so much about how it's important to save the environment with Galarian Corsola and everything while Gou and Satoshi casually travel around the world by plane in every episode. :p

I hope Team Rocket will catch some Pokémon on their own instead of borrowing Giovanni's Pokémon. It's good that Pikachu and Satoshi get to fight stronger opponents since they just won the league and shouldn't be nerfed but I think Team Rocket could still be somewhat competent while using their own Pokémon.

They could give them Pokémon that suit them like Sandaconda or Impidimp or go for something completely unexpected. I could actually imagine Musashi with an Hatenna since it's described as being somewhat mean while still being cute. An evil Galarian Ponyta would be pretty funny to see. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Funny how the Sword and Shield games talk so much about how it's important to save the environment with Galarian Corsola and everything while Gou and Satoshi casually travel around the world by plane in every episode. :p
It's pretty dumb if you ask me. There are countless Pokemon with teleportation abilities and they wouldn't ruin the sense of adventure any more than planes will. Are we to believe that there is an airport conveniently located next to every place of interest?

You know, that typo gave this sentence a whole other meaning...
Well, it's probably true. Rest in peace random Gyarados and Tyranitar that will probably never show up again. :p

The fact that Satoshi has already beaten Giovanni's super strong Pokémon kind of kills the whole concept behind them borrowing his Pokémon to become more competent. It has been proven in today's episode that they are so in incompetent that they can't win anyway.

That's why I was confused, could be an animated error for the preview which might get corrected in the episode, they've done it before
I’m kinda wondering if they just thought kids would be that stupid as to not recognize Scorbunny unless they recolored it because there’s really no spoiler or anything to it being brown from being dirty.

A Pokedex would easily recognize Scorbunny, member when it scanned a disguised Meowth, Meowth was scanned, not the disguise
Yeah, I'm guessing they'll retcon that. Honestly I can see them not wanting to show a soot-covered Scorbunny in the trailer without context, but did they really not have any other footage of it at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom