• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to Score, Scorbunny
Reaction score
Professor Sakuragi: I'm sending the two of you to Galar. From what I have heard, they have a lot of Pokemon not seen here in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola
Ash: Do our Pokedex's come with information on these new Pokemon?
Professor Sakuragi: No, so go ahead and have fun figuring out all the new Pokemon without any help from me, a Pokemon Professor

Finally with a Pokémon avatar
Reaction score
Professor Sakuragi: I'm sending the two of you to Galar. From what I have heard, they have a lot of Pokemon not seen here in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola
Professor Sakuragi: No, so go ahead and have fun figuring out all the new Pokemon without any help from me, a Pokemon Professor
So he's the same as the professors from the game who send off kids to catch Pokémon then make up some convincing-sounding lies to write down in the dex?

Reaction score
From the wording of the summary, it sound like only one of the Pokemon (Scorbunny) are unable to be scanned by the Pokedex, because it isn't recognizable. Any other Galar Pokemon including Nickit will most likely be registered on the dex. Perhaps one of the drawbacks of sentient Pokedexes is that they are more likely to make mistakes.

Reaction score
So they go to Galar to look into Dynamax/Gigantamax...then are immediately distracted by scones...

This saga is shaping up to be to be even more aimless than SM...
(May Arceus have mercy on us all)

Reaction score
Praise Arceus they're traveling by plane and not Lugia or that stupid teleportation theory.

Not happy Team Rocket's not here though :/

(◔_◔)
Reaction score
Scorbunny versus Pikachu in the preview gave me horrible Bunnelby versus Pikachu in XY001 flashbacks. I like that we're seeing several Gen 8 Pokemon in this episode at least.

Reaction score
Well, it's probably true. Rest in peace random Gyarados and Tyranitar that will probably never show up again. :p

The fact that Satoshi has already beaten Giovanni's super strong Pokémon kind of kills the whole concept behind them borrowing his Pokémon to become more competent. It has been proven in today's episode that they are so in incompetent that they can't win anyway.
The trio have been a failure ever since the start of the original series. It doesn't surprised anyone at all after Pikachu defeat two powerhouse Pokémon that Giovanni's had burrow them.

Perhaps, they might catch some original Pokémon in Galar and sent back to Headquarter. Once the series had come to conclusion. But we have to wait until three year after that and see how.

Reaction score
I find it weird that when we first saw this particular Scorbunny, it was normal color. Now it's brown for some reason. I'm so confused.

Reaction score
If you guys are confused as to why scorbunny is like that, it’s because its trying to blend in with the nickits.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand complaints about Hibunny. Do people expects Pikachu to be some unbeatable thing because it beat Kapu Kokeko?

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand complaints about Hibunny. Do people expects Pikachu to be some unbeatable thing because it beat Kapu Kokeko?
They’re worried it’ll be a trip’s snivy situation where ash and pikachu lost to trip’s newly caught snivy. They expecting scorbunny to be weaker and still somehow beats pikachu.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Hibunny is the new Pochama, so it should be powerful enough to challenge Pikachu.

Lovely
Reaction score
Scorbunny is just so adorbs :3 Also, I'm impressed that they went out of their way to recolor Scorbunny again.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
This is the first episode I'm actually interested in watching. I hope they'll give Galar a good debut here.

Snuggly Grass Snake
Reaction score
I find it weird that when we first saw this particular Scorbunny, it was normal color. Now it's brown for some reason. I'm so confused.
It was likely left with normal colors in the trailers to be recognizable and not covered in dirt out of context.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
That makes sense. I'm impressed they went through the effort of recoloring Scorbunny.
The anime's changed things between previews and official airings before - SM flat-out deleted extra characters that appeared in the preview once because they forgot the Pokemon School only has six students

Reaction score
Gou will apparently catch Scorbunny in episode 5, so this is probably a meeting/bonding episode.

I hope a bunch of Galar focus episodes will come in the future.

Reaction score
Gou will apparently catch Scorbunny in episode 5, so this is probably a meeting/bonding episode.

I hope a bunch of Galar focus episodes will come in the future.
Well... i am not opposed to that, especially since its his first mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.