• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary
Reaction score
The Title pretty much says it.

Satoshi and Go have heard there's a phenomenon in the Galar region that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. When they arrive in Shoot City, Galar, they get thoroughly engrossed in the beautiful cityscape and the local specialty scones, but then they encounter a group of Pokémon they've never seen before that are playing pranks around the city.

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 高木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi)
Animation Director 高木麻穂 (Maho Takagi)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)

Gotta love how the trip from Kanto to Galar is treated like they’re crossing the street.

With Lugia around, it should be very easy

Shoot City, did a Bulbapedia check but couldn't find a match so either its an unrevealed town or an anime exclusive location

Well, color me impressed. Wasn't expecting to see Galar so soon. And yet, here it is, being the first region that Ash visits.

Nice to see that they care enough about it to give it some time in the spotlight. Now here's hoping that they actually stick around for a good while and show off as much of Galar as they can (since it's the new region and all).

Well, color me impressed. Wasn't expecting to see Galar so soon. And yet, here it is, being the first region that Ash visits.

Nice to see that they care enough about it to give it some time in the spotlight. Now here's hoping that they actually stick around for a good while and show off as much of Galar as they can (since it's the new region and all).

In fact, the first region is Kanto. Ash and Go's first mission is investigate something about Ivysaur in Vermillion City in Episode 3.

They go to Galar to investigate the Daimax situation. So, the probably return to Kanto after this mystery is resolved (maybe in Episode 5).

In fact, the first region is Kanto.Ash and Go's first mission is investigate something about Ivysaur in Vermillion City in Episode 3.

They go to Galar to investigate the Daimax situation. So, the probably return to Kanto after this mystery is resolved (maybe in Episode 5).

Well, duh. Kanto was obviously gonna be first no matter what, since SM ended with Ash going back to Pallet Town and since their "base of operations" is gonna be in Vermilion City. Not sure how that ties into Galar being the first region that is visited, since they don't actually travel around Kanto.

As for your premise that the Galar visit will be done as soon as it started, there's nothing suggesting that the Galar visit is gonna be over quickly. SS003 looks to be more of a filler and/or a reference to the Bulbasaur episode from the OG series, rather than a key episode. And, besides, isn't it a little too early to look for patterns? These are just the first couple of episodes, after all, so we can't know for sure if all they're gonna do is solve mysteries in a region, come back to Kanto, rinse and repeat or if they're actually gonna travel around a region for more than 3 episodes before deciding to return to Vermilion.

Well, duh. Kanto was obviously gonna be first no matter what, since SM ended with Ash going back to Pallet Town and since their "base of operations" is gonna be in Vermilion City.

As for Galar, there's nothing suggesting that its visit is gonna be over quickly. SS003 looks to be more of a filler and/or a reference to the Bulbasaur episode from the OG series, rather than a key episode. And, besides, isn't it a little too early to look for patterns? These are just the first couple of episodes, after all, so we can't know for sure if all they're gonna do is solve mysteries in a region, come back to Kanto, rinse and repeat or if they're actually gonna travel around a region for more than 3 episodes before deciding to return to Vermilion.

The synopsis says the Ivysaur issue is Ash and Go's first mission. So, according to the story, it is at the same level with the Daimax issue.

They say Ash and Go have a base in Sakuragi Lab. We have even seen their beds in the Laboratory. So, I don't think Ash and Go will stay a lot of time in other regions.

Well, duh. Kanto was obviously gonna be first no matter what, since SM ended with Ash going back to Pallet Town and since their "base of operations" is gonna be in Vermilion City. Not sure how that ties into Galar being the first region that is visited, since they don't actually travel around Kanto.

As for your premise that the Galar visit will be done as soon as it started, there's nothing suggesting that the Galar visit is gonna be over quickly. SS003 looks to be more of a filler and/or a reference to the Bulbasaur episode from the OG series, rather than a key episode. And, besides, isn't it a little too early to look for patterns? These are just the first couple of episodes, after all, so we can't know for sure if all they're gonna do is solve mysteries in a region, come back to Kanto, rinse and repeat or if they're actually gonna travel around a region for more than 3 episodes before deciding to return to Vermilion.

That does indeed some to be what they're doing.

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1190906860552851457

And they can visit a region more than once, you know. They visited each island more than once in SM.

EIbznK0WsAEhWEG

The "first stop" was already Kanto by default due to being home to Sakuragi's lab so I don’t know why does this discussion even exist...

Obligatory: I told ya so Galar will be featured when it’s relevant...

Use Pikachu's popularity to make Episode 1 go viral...
So... they’re relying on "PIKACHU ORIGINS!!!" clickbait articles to generate hype for the series? Reminds me of those "Ash becomes a Pokemon Master!!" articles when he won the Alola league, and now they wish to harness that?

So... they’re relying on "PIKACHU ORIGINS!!!" clickbait articles to generate hype for the series? Reminds me of those "Ash becomes a Pokemon Master!!" articles when he won the Alola league, and now they wish to harness that?
To be honest, the Pokemon Master clickbait articles were by external outlets who didn't give a fuck about the brand, much less the anime. On the other hand, the Pikachu origin is an in-house strategy used to generate hype by the company itself.

Satoshi and Go have heard there's a phenomenon in the Galar region that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. When they arrive in Shoot City, Galar, they get thoroughly engrossed in the beautiful cityscape and the local specialty scones, but then they encounter a group of Pokémon they've never seen before that are playing pranks around the city.
Are these "Scones" the new Malasadas? :lapras:

To be honest, the Pokemon Master clickbait articles were by external outlets who didn't give a fuck about the brand, much less the anime. On the other hand, the Pikachu origin is an in-house strategy used to generate hype by the company itself.

Still sends a bad vibe for them to straight up admit they're trying to harness the power of clickbait

That does indeed some to be what they're doing.

View: https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1190906860552851457

And they can visit a region more than once, you know. They visited each island more than once in SM.

EIbznK0WsAEhWEG

That... how does any of that prove or disprove what I said?! I said that I don't believe that they're gonna spend just the bare minimum in Galar. I didn't say that they're gonna travel the entire region now or that they're never gonna return to Kanto. Beside the summaries of the first two episodes (which tell us nothing about the traveling aspect of the new series), the tweets you posted talk about the characters' personalities, the fact that they're using the first episode to hype the series up (neither of which has anything to do with what I was saying) and the fact that they're gonna return to Vermilion City, which:
a) doesn't tell us anything about how much time they're gonna spend in a region and;
b) I don't even deny that they're returning to Kanto after visiting a region (in fact, I even mentioned it twice in my post: "we can't know for sure if all they're gonna do is solve mysteries in a region, come back to Kanto, rinse and repeat or if they're actually gonna travel around a region for more than 3 episodes before deciding to return to Vermilion").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom