• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pokedex would easily recognize Scorbunny, member when it scanned a disguised Meowth, Meowth was scanned, not the disguise

It depends if the Pokedex is already updated for Galar Mons though. Back in Kanto, when Misty got Togepi, Dexter couldn't scan it, since he wasn't updated for gen 2 data.

Professor Sakuragi: I'm sending the two of you to Galar. From what I have heard, they have a lot of Pokemon not seen here in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola
Ash: Do our Pokedex's come with information on these new Pokemon?
Professor Sakuragi: No, so go ahead and have fun figuring out all the new Pokemon without any help from me, a Pokemon Professor

Professor Sakuragi: I'm sending the two of you to Galar. From what I have heard, they have a lot of Pokemon not seen here in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola
Professor Sakuragi: No, so go ahead and have fun figuring out all the new Pokemon without any help from me, a Pokemon Professor
So he's the same as the professors from the game who send off kids to catch Pokémon then make up some convincing-sounding lies to write down in the dex?

From the wording of the summary, it sound like only one of the Pokemon (Scorbunny) are unable to be scanned by the Pokedex, because it isn't recognizable. Any other Galar Pokemon including Nickit will most likely be registered on the dex. Perhaps one of the drawbacks of sentient Pokedexes is that they are more likely to make mistakes.

So they go to Galar to look into Dynamax/Gigantamax...then are immediately distracted by scones...

This saga is shaping up to be to be even more aimless than SM...
(May Arceus have mercy on us all)

Praise Arceus they're traveling by plane and not Lugia or that stupid teleportation theory.

Not happy Team Rocket's not here though :/

Well, it's probably true. Rest in peace random Gyarados and Tyranitar that will probably never show up again. :p

The fact that Satoshi has already beaten Giovanni's super strong Pokémon kind of kills the whole concept behind them borrowing his Pokémon to become more competent. It has been proven in today's episode that they are so in incompetent that they can't win anyway.
The trio have been a failure ever since the start of the original series. It doesn't surprised anyone at all after Pikachu defeat two powerhouse Pokémon that Giovanni's had burrow them.

Perhaps, they might catch some original Pokémon in Galar and sent back to Headquarter. Once the series had come to conclusion. But we have to wait until three year after that and see how.

If you guys are confused as to why scorbunny is like that, it’s because its trying to blend in with the nickits.

I'm not sure I understand complaints about Hibunny. Do people expects Pikachu to be some unbeatable thing because it beat Kapu Kokeko?

I'm not sure I understand complaints about Hibunny. Do people expects Pikachu to be some unbeatable thing because it beat Kapu Kokeko?
They’re worried it’ll be a trip’s snivy situation where ash and pikachu lost to trip’s newly caught snivy. They expecting scorbunny to be weaker and still somehow beats pikachu.

Hibunny is the new Pochama, so it should be powerful enough to challenge Pikachu.

Scorbunny is just so adorbs :3 Also, I'm impressed that they went out of their way to recolor Scorbunny again.

That makes sense. I'm impressed they went through the effort of recoloring Scorbunny.
The anime's changed things between previews and official airings before - SM flat-out deleted extra characters that appeared in the preview once because they forgot the Pokemon School only has six students

1200px-Ultra_Ruin_School_photo_SM101_preview.png

1200px-Ultra_Ruin_School_photo.png

Gou will apparently catch Scorbunny in episode 5, so this is probably a meeting/bonding episode.

I hope a bunch of Galar focus episodes will come in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom