• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
I hope Go does use Scyther on his main team if he does, I think most of his Pokemon bar a select few will be sent to Sakuragi Institute

Not Dead
Reaction score
What's with the Scyther hate? Tracey's was only around for 20 episodes, and let's just that it was only the focus in its debut. This was 20 years ago, too.

As a species, the Scyther line is one of the only three Bug ones that learn False Swipe naturally. I don't know if the writers want to use it as a catching strategy, but that would make sense.

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
What's with the Scyther hate? Tracey's was only around for 20 episodes, and let's just that it was only the focus in its debut. This was 20 years ago, too.

As a species, the Scyther line is one of the only three Bug ones that learn False Swipe naturally. I don't know if the writers want to use it as a catching strategy, but that would make sense.
According to Bulbapedia we've only seen if we've seen False Swipe once, when a Johto COTD tried told his Pokémon to defeat Ash's Heracross with it.
Shocking he lost the battle despite being the Pokémon Sun Tzu. His portrayal and attitude throughout the episode made it funnier.

The anime always seems to just let people capture fainted Pokémon so I'm not sure what they'd do with a game-accurate False Swipe.

Not Dead
Reaction score
The anime always seems to just let people capture fainted Pokémon so I'm not sure what they'd do with a game-accurate False Swipe.
I'm hoping they explain that fainting is bad.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Oh yeah, a Scyther with False Swipe would be great with Go's plan to catch every Pokemon

I don't dislike Scyther, its a Pokemon I would like to see get some focus

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I’m not really going to be fond of the arrangement if Go will just capture lots of Pokémon only for them to rot at the lab. Pokemon Go mechanics don’t really translate well to the anime where Pokémon are living sentient brings.
We still don't know if he catch them permanently or just temporarily.
Koharu should look after Go's captures and be their mommy.
Just like most of the other fathers in pokémon franchise.

Reaction score
It doesn’t sit well with me that Go has supposedly caught 12 Pokemon by episode 6... are his Pokémon going to get any kind of focus? Is he going to catch- for example- Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree seperatly?

This, too, shall pass...
Reaction score
It doesn’t sit well with me that Go has supposedly caught 12 Pokemon by episode 6... are his Pokémon going to get any kind of focus? Is he going to catch- for example- Caterpie, Metapod and Butterfree seperatly?
I suspect Gou might get a few Pokémon other than Scorbunny that get attention (maybe Scyther because I think it's got some appearances on promotionals/merchandise) but most of his captures are going to be like Ash's other twenty nine Tauros.

Lovely
Reaction score
? If its the Bug Catching Contest wouldn't he just keep the last pokemon? Even if he does end up with a Caterpie or something its probably still going to be something.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
? If its the Bug Catching Contest wouldn't he just keep the last pokemon? Even if he does end up with a Caterpie or something its probably still going to be something.
This episode takes place in Kanto.

Reaction score
Go will probalby only keep that Scyther that appeared on the poster and the rest of the bug mons will be send to Sakuragi's lab.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Just realized that this episode features an anime exclusive location in the form of Vermillion Forest

Was half thinking this might be set in Veridian Forest

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Adamant said:
We got a summary:
Now that he has got Hibanny, Go heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more Pokémon!!
Looks like the guesses about this involving the Bug Catching Contest were off.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
I did doubt the bug catching competition would take place here, would have been nice though

Go is just showing what Ash should be doing

Lovely
Reaction score
Catching lots of Pokémon only to put them in a lab? And crush them for candies maybe?
Actually, it would be a nice reference to GO if Sakuragi gave Gou a bundle of candies at the end of the day.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Actually, it would be a nice reference to GO if Sakuragi gave Gou a bundle of candies at the end of the day.
Nice... or horrific?

At this point almost everything is a reference to Pokémon Go (looks at name of co-protagonist)...

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Staff

Screenplay: Shoji Yonemura
Episode Director/Storyboard: Yuuji Asada
Animation Supervisor: Masaaki Iwane
≫米村正二 浅田裕二 浅田裕二 岩根雅明
A brilliant crew so this certainly promises to be a great episode, can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.