• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note that Iwane is on his own compared to all of his Sun & Moon episodes where Izumi Shimura was also there too. I'm presumably guessing that Izumi will just be doing episodes on her own again like with other seasons before the middle half of XY.

New summary from Serebii forum:

Go has got his first Pokémon, a Hibanny. He's now taken an interest in getting Pokémon, so he heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more. Despite some initial difficulties, he starts by getting a Caterpie, then continues getting one Bug Pokémon after another. Will he manage to get one of every species of Bug Pokémon from the Kanto region?!

I guess Ash could get a Pinsir or something, but merchandise doesn't foreshadow that while it does for Scyther. I guess that he could capture one of the bugs and have Sakuragi look after it forever.

Five bucks that Go’s intent is to catch every single pokemon he can find and hold them hostage until Mew surrenders to him.

I’m sure this would be a better idea than whatever is in store.
Maybe it's a reference to the old legend that completing the Pokédex in gen 1 would get you a Mew?
Gou's ten, that's about the right age to be falling for those internet rumors.

There's a chance that Ash might get his first capture here, possibly while giving Gou a capture tutorial? It could either be Rookidee or Blipbug (the latter would effectively give him his first Psychic type in the future).

#RIPSobble
#RIPGrookey
I don't think that Ash is even appearing in this episode.

There's a chance that Ash might get his first capture here, possibly while giving Gou a capture tutorial? It could either be Rookidee or Blipbug (the latter would effectively give him his first Psychic type in the future).

#RIPSobble
#RIPGrookey

Why will Ash catch a Pokemon in a Go-centric episode and and as such, taking spotlight away from Go. Makes no sense at all.

Maybe it's a reference to the old legend that completing the Pokédex in gen 1 would get you a Mew?
Gou's ten, that's about the right age to be falling for those internet rumors.

"Go, where are you off to?"
"To that truck parked by the ferry port. Someone on Twitter said that if spin in a circle 294 times and rename all my Pokemon 'Rupert' then Mew will appear in my party"

Didn't I just state that he'd only be giving a capture tutorial at best? The result of that tutorial could be Ash's own capture.
And he just happens to run into a Galar Pokemon while giving Go a tutorial in a forest near Vermilion? It's easier to justify new Pokemon appearing alongside trainers in Kanto, but wild Pokemon are a different story. Note that the only non-Kanto Pokemon in the first episode was Pichu, which is related to Pikachu. Lugia is Lugia - it can go anywhere.

It's also best not expect any captures that aren't foreshadowed by merchandise, even if the chance isn't zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom