• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN006: Catch a Lot of Pokemon! The Path to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Team Rocket again? :cautious:
Insert 'I sleep' meme here

It would look like that they won't appear in PM007 as well and I don't think they're appearing in the Ho-Oh ep.

Probably the Piplup/Croagunk race filler episode is the best shot, after all they appeared in the fillery Ivysaur ep., maybe they're relegated to filler episodes from now on :c

The less Team Rocket the better in my book. I don't see how they could fit into an episode about Go catching Pokemon unless people just hate Go and want his episode to be hijacked.

"New Series"
First, I was pretty baffled when I saw the page was titled that, and I assumed they’d change it when they realise that the series won’t get a title change anytime soon.

And the excuse of using PM has another reason for not holding up- they’re saying that the abbreviation was taken so they can’t use it... while taking away the SS short form from the side series episodes and putting it on the new series?

The less Team Rocket the better in my book. I don't see how they could fit into an episode about Go catching Pokemon unless people just hate Go and want his episode to be hijacked.

Nice to have someone who shares my opinion there

I'm glad Team Rocket are absent as they'd delay Go from catching all the Kanto Bugs to get defeated, resulting in Go just catching the rest with little screen time

Go from catching all the Kanto Bugs to get defeated, resulting in Go just catching the rest with little screen time
You realise that most of those bugs will just go and rot at Sakuragi's lab, right? At most I’m expecting a capture montage or just a gif of Pokeballs piling up, not them showing every single capture.

I’m not sure if TRio should be involved myself, but it’s pretty strange to assume that the bugs not named scyther will get any decent screentime with or without Team Rocket.

"We want the Rocket trio to appear more than once every six weeks" isn't the same thing as saying "we want them to just show up, try to catch Pikachu, fail, and get blasted off," y'know. It's not an either / or situation!
And it is the only thing that they did in episode 3. Except the beautiful animation of their motto, their small appearance was unfortunately neither captivating nor memorable, their faces showed a single expression all along: anger (frowns) and the return of Meowth's torture directly gives a bad image of them to the new spectators, it is not only to see them a little bit worried for the rental pokemon -who have no a real bond with them - what will give them a nice, sympathetic image giving desire to see them again. It’s sad but if I were a person who did not know them, discovering the TRio in this episode I would most likely not feel much attraction for them. All seems made to draw the attention and desire of the viewers focalised to Gou

Last edited:
They did save an otherwise boring and worthless episode.

Ok, but in the past they saved the fillers episodes with a good dose of humor or cuteness and by talking about their past or by making us discover some good anecdotes about them

Last edited:

And hence begins Gou's mass enslavement of test subjects for butchering as well as hostage holding.

On a serious note, although the preview looks solid, I'm worried about the direction of the series and the reduced focus on Ash. They said "dual protagonists", not "Gou as the protagonist with Ash being a main supporting character".

They said "dual protagonists", not "Gou as the protagonist with Ash being a main supporting character".
As far as I can remember, they were never good at presenting two or more protagonists in any of previous seasons. So this was expected.

Ash being the sidekick yet again.
"Duo protagonists" feels like just as much a freaking lie as "for old fans and new" was. Ash is a sidekick doing nothing while Go continually gets focus and Ash is neglected to comedy relief...

Well... Dawn and Ash were supposed to be two protagonists as well and both ended up getting developed and neither was really neglected.
Dawn as well as May and Serena had some focus on her quest, but mostly she was in Ash's shadow despite for having backstory.

I stopped taking Bulbapedia seriously when they decided to use "SS" as the series' acronym.

i’ll get into trouble for saying this, but there were many more reasons to stop taking Bulbapedia seriously years ago.

And hence begins Gou's mass enslavement of test subjects for butchering as well as hostage holding.

On a serious note, although the preview looks solid, I'm worried about the direction of the series and the reduced focus on Ash. They said "dual protagonists", not "Gou as the protagonist with Ash being a main supporting character".
My main concern is still with the aspect of Go being the Pokémon catcher if this will interfere with Ash catching new Pokémon especially since we’re basically being given multiple episodes of Go just catching Pokémon yet Ash still just has Pikachu and gotten nothing more.

Don't worry about it. Director will definitely continue let Ash be the main protagonist. Right now, he just a temporary mentor for Go to teach him all the basic. But we shall see after the battle trip from Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom