• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN009: The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pulsaro23 Told ya they'd only stay in Galar for those two episodes. They're spending an episode in Sinnoh, followed by this one in Johto.

Been years since Ash last saw Ho-oh, hopefully this is the saga that actually utilizes Ho-oh and let the two finally meet face to face at some point. Given how he last appeared in Battle Frontier, it's not like it'd be the end of the world having the two of them meet.

I mean if Go is actually allowed to meet Mew by the end, why not let Ash meet Ho-oh?

And that's a good thing why?

Anyone expecting them to stay in a given region for more than one or two episodes at a time was being foolish.

There's no way this series could work if they traveled through the regions in any given order. It can only work if they're jumping from place to place at random.

Anyone expecting them to stay in a given region for more than one or two episodes at a time was being foolish.

There's no way this series could work if they traveled through the regions in any given order. It can only work if they're jumping from place to place at random.

I feel like my previous response to you applies here again. Seriously, if your only argument for them flip-flopping from one region to another is that "it was the only way"/"there was no other way"/"there's no way they could've done things different", then you must be severely lacking in creativity.

Also, who are these people who were expecting Ash and Go to travel the entire region in one go? I heard people say that they were expecting Ash and Go to travel the region for a good amount of time (certainly more than just 2 episodes), not that they were expecting Battle Frontiere 2.0.

I still expect longer stays in each region later down the line when we get proper story arcs. Right now I think they're trying to make a strong first impression by showing off each region briefly at beginning of the series. It's the equivalent of SM dedicating an episode to each of Ash's classmates early on in that season. I think the series will slow down a bit as it goes on. I do agree that visiting regions in a random order will ensure more longevity, otherwise they'd get to Galar and just be stuck there.

If the art holds true, Ash will be getting a Rainbow Wing here.

Foreshadowing?

I've just realized that this episode is most likely going to air on January 19th, a few days before my birthday. That's fitting since it's easily the highlight of the series so far.

For one thing, it features actual continuity judging from the episode title alone, rather than just a random reference. Do I expect it to resolve the Ho-Oh angle? No, and it damn well shouldn't without any build-up. What this episode should do is have Ash get a Rainbow Wing and be given specific advice from Morty and/or Eusine and/or the Wise Trio as to how to gain the legendary beasts' trust, for they are the only ones that can make Ho-Oh feel safe in the Tin Tower after all these years.

Ecruteak is my favourite game location so I'm going to enjoy this regardless, but if Satoshi's previous encounters with Ho-Oh are not explicitly referenced here I think it will be a clear sign of what management mean to do about inter-series continuity going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom