• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the rumor that they'd be riding around on Lugia was a fake, using various means of transport including riding around on Dewgong seems more enjoyable

Still hope they'll use the Magnet train sometime

I'm not sure what to think of the fact that they prefered to do a region-less island episode with Kanto Pokemon before an Alola episode...However, Dragonite could have easily appeared with Lance, so it makes me think it's indeed a recurring character and that's why this episode exists.

Either way, I hope Dratini appears as it hasn't done anything noteworthy in centuries.

I doubt it, since on the poster, Dragonite seems to be associated with Team Rocket. Maybe that is their first capture this series (Please, let it be James who catches it, but knowing my luck, Jessie is getting it).
Good God I hope not. As I said back in episode 3, giving TRio a pseudo legendary is a complete waste due to their nature as joke characters. As such, the Pokémon would never really get to shine as the powerful Pokémon it is. It’s just like how giving TRio a z-ring back in SM was a waste since the only success they got out of it was their first usage while every subsequent use didn’t accomplish anything.

While TR getting Dragonite might seem like a waste, I'd still rather see that than Go catching yet another Pokemon. Like, I get that that's his thing but still he's been catching so many Pokemon lately and he needs to calm down and let others get new team members.

I don't think TR are going to catch Dragonite, but judging by the poster it might develop a Beware-like affection for them.
Although the poster only seems to show it cuddling Meowth and Wobbufett is watching from nearby. Maybe it'll be less like Bewear and more like Snubbull--targeted at only one of them.
However the poster hasn't been 100% representative--it shows Gou riding Lugia while Ash dangles from it's tail but Ash rode it in the actual show, for instance.

Feels like we've seen so many Dragonites that having a whole island of them is going to be more tedious than fun. I wish we'd see a different kind of dragon Pokemon here instead of the Dratini family.

I'm guessing that this Dragonair feels like an outsider among all those Dragonite (assuming it doesn't want to evolve) and will actually be eager to leave the island with whoever passes its trial (probably not Ash). The Dragonite and Meowth subplot is unrelated, I guess? Unless TRio end up passing the trial and Dragonair evolves, but that would be a little out there.

Reminder that Dragonair's highlight in nearly 24 years is the Clair battle. Giving Lana a ride was nice but just an aesthetic detail, really.

Last edited:
Whilst it will be good to see Dragonair get some focus, I would prefer it if Dratini got the focus for a change as its use in the anime is even worse

While I like its previous evolutions as well, I hope Dragonite got the most focus because I like its design best and still angry about how Iris' Dragonite treated.

One of my friends gave me a very interesting theory:

44E0CC80-D978-4E8F-AA7F-C5CB6B431359.jpeg

I hope Please Arceus!

Dragonite in love with Meowth...
...yes.
Yes, I would ship that.
Edit: As long as Dragonite treats our little buddy gently and with respect, of course.
A talking animal for whom a dragon is in love with. And just like that, I’m getting Shrek flashbacks. Let’s just hope they hold off on the flying dragon Meowth babies.

A talking animal for whom a dragon is in love with. And just like that, I’m getting Shrek flashbacks.
I admit I missed the Shrek parallel.

Let’s just hope they hold off on the flying dragon Meowth babies.
Don't worry they're not in the same egg group.
They can definitely adopt, though. There's a few Pokémon in both one of Dragonite's egg groups and Meowth's, including Sobble for a gen 8 one.
But no seriously, I really do think the poster suggests a Dragonite might have something with Meowth, even if a motherly/fatherly affection is more likely. It would amusing if a Dragonite forced them to improvise how to operate the gacha (or abandon it, but I don't see them introducing the machine just to drop it so quickly).

Whatever the case, this episode might give us our new Bewear/Snubble.

If they insist on having a Bewear-clone I hope they at least let this one help Team Rocket fight Ash, I'd have loved to see Bewear just curbstomp all the Twerp Pokemon much to the delight of the TRio, but unable to do a thing about it as Bewear takes them home before they can try anything.

Quick question

How many of the images they show in the poster have been shown in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom