• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching over Ori and Ku
Reaction score
First preview of the episode:
0:20

I hope those looks mean that it's Ash that catches Dragonair instead of Gary Stu. I've been recently reading FanaticLAGuy's Road to be a Pokemon Master and Ash having Dratini fit very well.

EDIT: But the writers will be like "fuck you, nope" and proceed to ruin the anime further.

Last edited:
Reaction score
0:20

I hope those looks mean that it's Ash that catches Dragonair instead of Gary Stu. I've been recently reading FanaticLAGuy's Road to be a Pokemon Master and Ash having Dratini fit very well.
Given these writers, I’d prepare for disappointment with that. With this, we’re 10 episodes in and the writers are showing no sign of letting Ash catch anything lest it get in the way of Go’s catching spree.

Reaction score
Given these writers, I’d prepare for disappointment with that. With this, we’re 10 episodes in and the writers are showing no sign of letting Ash catch anything lest it get in the way of Go’s catching spree.
Let's hope this episode won't disappoint us this time. This has to be good!

Monday-friday: battle. Saturday: dance rehearsal
Reaction score
Dragonair would be a cool Pokémon for Ash, even if it never evolves, but with what has happened so far I don't want to get hopes up.
That scene at the very end looks promising though.

(Also thanks for mentioning that story, it looks interesting.)

Reaction score
I just realized we don't see Gou's Dewgong when they wash up on the island. I really hope it doesn't just vanish.

That's not y'r food. Fu__
Reaction score
if ash catches dragonair I will forget all negative moments came till now and I will forgive writers.

Reaction score
I kinda miss the days when a pseudo legendary would trigger that “ah, fuck” effect whenever it showed up. Dragonite and Tyranitar were once treated as serious and threatening beasts that should he handled carefully.

And now we have a Tyranitar used by TR and a whole island that turns Dragonite into Pidgey levels of rarity.

Reaction score
a whole island that turns Dragonite into Pidgey levels of rarity.
To be fair this is clearly referencing Dragonite's Pokédex entry in Crystal.

"It is said that somewhere in the ocean lies an island where these gather. Only they live there. "

Psuedos have gotten less impressive--I feel like it happened around the Battle Frontier or maybe DP.

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about what I consider reasonably plausible outcomes of this episode (I.E nothing like "Lysandre comes back at the end and absorbs Dragonite out of a new tail-stinger like Cell"). I think the trailer points towards this being an Ash episode--he's clearly getting more focus, especially with that scene at the end with Dragonair. However that doesn't guarantee a capture.
I do want to raise one possibility--there has been some Dragonite promotion, which makes me wonder if Dragonair might evolve in this episode and then decide to go with Ash. Personally I'd prefer to see him catch it as a Dragonair and then it evolves later but Iris got a Dragonite out of the box so we know it's possible.
Of course he might catch it as a Dragonair and it evolves fairly quickly, or the Dragonite promotion refers to something else or doesn't mean much.

Lovely
Reaction score
Dratini shedding its skin like in the dex is a really cool reference. Also, I didn't know the wings on Dragonair's head could stretch

Last edited:
Reaction score
You mean it vanished into obscurity like the rest of Gou's captures? *Gasps* What a surprise!
I mean more along the lines of "oh no, I hope that poor Dewgong wasn't caught just to drown at sea soon after."

Reaction score
Dratini shedding its skin like in the dex is a really cool reference. Also, I didn't know the wings on Dragonair's head could stretch
They already showed it in Sun & Moon, with the one that Lana rides, but it's possible it was already seen pre-Sun & Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.