• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They already showed it in Sun & Moon, with the one that Lana rides, but it's possible it was already seen pre-Sun & Moon.
It’s happened pre-SM. It was rare but when we saw a Dragonair flying that would happen.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
They already showed it in Sun & Moon, with the one that Lana rides, but it's possible it was already seen pre-Sun & Moon.
It has. In multiple occasions, as far as I remember. One instance that comes to mind is a brief cameo in Pikachu's Rescue.

Reaction score
I'd be alright with Ash getting Dragonair, providing it stays a Dragonair.

Reaction score
I'd like for it to evolve, later on in the series.

Basically being Iris' Dragonite, and Ash's Goomy done right
That's precisely why I'd rather it stay a Dragonair; we already had a Dragonite on the main cast and Dragonite is too similar to other Pokemon Ash has owned in the past, while a serpentine Pokemon would be unique.

Reaction score
The anime has been doing a lot of bait-and-switching. It is likely that Gou would catch everything but Dragonair/Dragonite, and with just one ball each again, Ash catches nothing, and there would be some disposable CotD who'd take up screentime. Or worse, the Dratini line only shows up for a few minutes just to be ratings bait.

(◔_◔)
Reaction score
Ugh, I don't like Dragonair so I don't want Ash to get one. Of course I think the odds of that even happening are like 0.00001% in this case but still I'm afraid that he'd evolve it into Dragonite which is wayyyyy worse than Dragonair imo because it's so overexposed. :sick:

Reaction score
That's precisely why I'd rather it stay a Dragonair; we already had a Dragonite on the main cast and Dragonite is too similar to other Pokemon Ash has owned in the past, while a serpentine Pokemon would be unique.
Still better than getting a fourth Eevee on the cast, it's literally the same thing all the time with that species. Unlike Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Cyndaquil who all had different personality traits to set them apart from the originals.

Reaction score
After how disappointing episode 9 was, at least this and the next few episodes probably won't make me angry. Though I'm a bit ambivalent on episode 12, they'll probably find a way to screw it up.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Based on what we’ve seen so far, I predict Go will attempt to throw a Pokeball at a Dragonite and has a 50% chance to be caught and then will never be seen again.

Run like the Wind, Raboot
Reaction score
If Go does catch a Dragonair or Dragonite (personally I want someone to catch a Dratini instead), I really hope they won't show him catching just by throwing a Poke Ball

Life is a Vector
Reaction score
they may introduce G MAX dragonite especially for ash. whether ash catches dragonair is the question now. But we are celebrating birthday party before birth of the child.

Reaction score
they may introduce G MAX dragonite especially for ash. whether ash catches dragonair is the question now. But we are celebrating birthday party before birth of the child.
I thought that Dragonite wasn't actually capable of its G MAX of any kind, or do you think they should announce them for one of the two Pokémon Sword and Shield Epxansion Passes: The Isle of Armor or the Crown Tundra? If so, why? And how you think G MAX Dragonite will physically appear?

Life is a Vector
Reaction score
I thought that Dragonite wasn't actually capable of its G MAX of any kind, or do you think they should announce them for one of the two Pokémon Sword and Shield Epxansion Passes: The Isle of Armor or the Crown Tundra? If so, why? And how you think G MAX Dragonite will physically appear?
I said they may introduce

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
I'm not really getting where the idea that Satoshi is more prominent in this episode is coming from. In the final shot of the preview he is standing slightly forward of Go but... that's it. I hope you're all right, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced.

The good news is that Yuka Miyata is not a brand newbie and wrote some entertaining fillers during SM so hopefully this won't be dead awful.

Monday-friday: battle. Saturday: dance rehearsal
Reaction score
The possibility of introducing a G-max Dragonite through the anime occurred to me too, although that was before this preview introduced the possibility of Ash getting a Dragonair so I thought they might use episode 12 to show it off.

I'm not really getting where the idea that Satoshi is more prominent in this episode is coming from. In the final shot of the preview he is standing slightly forward of Go but... that's it. I hope you're all right, don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced.

The good news is that Yuka Miyata is not a brand newbie and wrote some entertaining fillers during SM so hopefully this won't be dead awful.
There's a lengthier preview with a different final scene that has Ash but not Gou, where Ash is offering Dragonair a hand (unless there's a deceptive camera cut going on).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8P931ceWoI

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.