• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be the debut of the Dragonite that appeared with Nyasu and Sonansu in the poster? I wonder if it will have a larger role with the TRio as the poster implied or if it’s another bait and switch that the writers seem to love.

Last edited:
Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Professor Sakuragi has told Satoshi and Go about a supposed "island where Kairyu live", and the two of them set off to search for it. They head out to sea riding on a Jugon Go caught on the way, but run into a sudden storm and get swept away by the waves. And when they wake up on the shore of an island, the see a whole lot of Kairyu before them.

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 牧野友映 (Tomoe Makino)
Animation Director 岡昭彦 (Akihiko Oka)
Animation Director しげまつしんいち (Shinichi Shigematsu)

Professor Sakuragi has told Satoshi and Go about a supposed "island where Kairyu live", and the two of them set off to search for it. They head out to sea riding on a Jugon Go caught on the way, but run into a sudden storm and get swept away by the waves. And when they wake up on the shore of an island, the see a whole lot of Kairyu before them.

Them riding on a Dewgong, which Gou caught is kinda interesting, since it might debunk the theories Gou is gonna catch Mantyke.

True

Can't help but wonder if Go might end up catching a Dragonair or Dragonite this episode, personally I would prefer him to start with Dratini

I doubt it, since on the poster, Dragonite seems to be associated with Team Rocket. Maybe that is their first capture this series (Please, let it be James who catches it, but knowing my luck, Jessie is getting it).

I wonder if the title might refer to this old Pokédex entry in Crystal:
"It is said that somewhere in the ocean lies an island where these gather. Only they live there."

Bingo, Daren.

They head out to sea riding on a Jugon Go caught on the way, but run into a sudden storm and get swept away by the waves.
So... they didn’t plan out a ride to the islands and are only successful because they got a Dewgong on the way? And how did they get "on the way" without an aquatic Pokémon? Or they switched rides halfway?
I doubt it, since on the poster, Dragonite seems to be associated with Team Rocket. Maybe that is their first capture this series (Please, let it be James who catches it, but knowing my luck, Jessie is getting it).
Or it could be a Bewear-like situation.

It did, but the leaks said they'd use Lugia for region hopping and that doesn't seem to have happened.
True. I usually take leaks like those with a grain of salt. In my experience, they tend to be half-true with a bit of lies to get the fanbase's hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom