• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question

How many of the images they show in the poster have been shown in the series?
A few things on the poster have been represented, though generally somewhat vaguely:
*We saw Ash and Gou ride Lugia but it was much different in the show (Gou's on it's back and Ash on it's tail in the poster, in the show they both rode it's back)
*We have an episode with a Piplup and a Croagunk.
*We have an episode with Snorlax.

I really hope that the Dragonite x Meowth thing isn't actually gonna be a returning plot point and that it'll only be used here. I don't think I could stand a Bewear clone messing with TRio.
I'd rather not have another OP joke character like Bewear, but I'd be fine with a Dragonite following TR if it does something different.

Wanna know why I liked Bewear? Specially at the beginning of SM

1- It Was original
2- It made Team Rocket look more powerfull since they were not always defeated, in some episodes they get the job done and Bewear was the one who saved the day instead
3-Defeated by Bewear retreat is less humiliating than blasting off

Last edited:
To be fair, Dragonite is powerful by default, is extremely fast and can both fly and swim. At least it would be more logical if it were to pull Bewear stunts every now and then.

The poster also shows a Cyndaquil and Hoothoot around the Tin Tower, representing the next episode (same for Ho-Oh, even if the real one doesn't appear yet). There's no doubt that the Meowth-loving Dragonite will appear at some point.
Right, I think everything on the poster will appear somehow, even if it isn't always what people initially thought (it wasn't Dawn and Brock's Piplup and Croagunk, there's a good chance it won't be Ash's Greninja).

BTW I guess we will have a Dragonite double feature since it will probably be Lance main Pokémon against Leon

I really think that Lance should make his series debut here, but I'm not holding my breath. It's possible since a lot of episode synopses in this series just focus on the Pokemon initially (we didn't even know that young Go would be so prevalent in the first episode).

I really think that Lance should make his series debut here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Or at least Clair.
Heck, any Dragon-type expert would be welcome (I'd even be happy to see Iris back at this point)

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go have heard that there's rumored to be an "island where only the Dragon Pokémon Kairyu live", so they decide to go search for it. But then they get into a sudden storm...

Summary:
After watching an interview with a person rescued to the Dragon Pokémon "Kairyu" on the news, Satoshi and Go get really interested in Kairyu. And when Professor Sakuragi tells them that there's rumored to be an "island where only the Dragon Pokémon Kairyu live", they immediately decide to go search for it. They head out to sea riding on Go's newly caught Pokémon Jugon, but run into a sudden storm on the way. The two get swept away by the waves and wash ashore on an island, where they're met by...

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Risa Shimizu: Jugon
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Kei Shindo: Reporter
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Kenta Miyake: Kairyu
Masaki Iida: Kairyu

I will grab anything ANYTHING just give me Rocket Dragonite

Team Rocket, as I expected. That gives them a...30% appearance rate, I think.

Also, they're referencing two different Dragonite dex entries here, which is a nice touch.

I think we should made a Guess the Team Rocket Gacthat game thread we might have some fun atleast

I think they will send in this episode:

Jessie: Rypherior, Steelix or Dusknoir

James: Exploud, Barbaracle or Gigalith

Oh my God YES the Team Rocket TRio are here! TT_TT I hope that the Dragonite which takes Meowth on the poster prevents the Team Rocket from continuing to use the gacha since the activation requires the Koban of Meowth. It’s my biggest hope, please Dragonite stop the gacha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom