• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perched for the reactions if Go does catch a Dragonite here. Will he receive the same amount of backlash that Iris faced when she got her Dragonite? Will it be far worse? Will he be called a 'psychopath' yet again? I dunno but I've got my popcorn ready for the inevitable meltdowns either way.

Image result for colbert popcorn gif

I'm perched for the reactions if Go does catch a Dragonite here. Will he receive the same amount of backlash that Iris faced when she got her Dragonite? Will it be far worse? Will he be called a 'psychopath' yet again? I dunno but I've got my popcorn ready for the inevitable meltdowns either way.
And the backlash will be rightfully deserved.
And also flat out make him a Gary Stu. Catching everything he sees with no issue at all.

And yes, he is a psychopath

And the backlash will be rightfully deserved.
And also flat out make him a Gary Stu. Catching everything he sees with no issue at all.

And yes, he is a psychopath

What are you on about? It was already established that he's after every Pokemon so it's going to be inevitable that he'll get a Dragonite. He'll also get things that are even rarer than that so be prepared.

What are you on about? It was already established that he's after every Pokemon so it's going to be inevitable that he'll get a Dragonite. He'll also get things that are even rarer than that so be prepared.

All he's caught so far are bugs and route 1-2 Pokemon.
There is a MAJOR difference between that and a fully evolved Pseudo.

He doesn't earn his captures like Ash does. He just throws a single pokeball and (without fail) the job is done. Definition of a Gary Stu

If Gou does get a Dragonite, it won't be the end of the world. Gou doesn't seem to train or raise his pokemon as part of the team. It's not as if Gou will destroy every opponent he meets with a freshly caught Dragonite he's never trained before. If he does catch one, it'll most likely get a new home at the lab, and that would be it.

A newbie trainer getting a Dragonite so early would be silly, but per Kyriaki it would probably vanish into the ether with nothing more than cameos after so I'm prepared to roll with it.

Image result for colbert popcorn gif
If Gou does get a Dragonite, it won't be the end of the world. Gou doesn't seem to train or raise his pokemon as part of the team. It's not as if Gou will destroy every opponent he meets with a freshly caught Dragonite he's never trained before. If he does catch one, it'll most likely get a new home at the lab, and that would be it.
If Go captures it is usual 100% catch rate, any amount of backlash is low. Rookie trainers can’t capture pseudos easily, let alone a fully evolved one. Without weakening it.

Oh my God YES the Team Rocket TRio are here! TT_TT I hope that the Dragonite which takes Meowth on the poster prevents the Team Rocket from continuing to use the gacha since the activation requires the Koban of Meowth. It’s my biggest hope, please Dragonite stop the gacha.

They're not going to introduce a new gimmick (with an official name and everything) and also talk it up in all the series' pre-release materials...only to give up on it two episodes in.

If Go captures it is usual 100% catch rate, any amount of backlash is low. Rookie trainers can’t capture pseudos easily, let alone a fully evolved one. Without weakening it.
Gou learned that he had to battle a pokemon to catch it during the Bug-Catching episode, so it's possible he could battle it first.

Gou learned that he had to battle a pokemon to catch it during the Bug-Catching episode, so it's possible he could battle it first.
And proceeded to revert to his older ways in the Hoenn episode...
Scorbunny weakening a Dragonite without itself fainting first is pretty unrealistic. I hope Go tries to capture Dragonite, fails miserably and is forced to think that there’s more to capturing Pokémon than throwing a Pokeball at it.

And proceeded to revert to his older ways in the Hoenn episode...
Scorbunny weakening a Dragonite without itself fainting first is pretty unrealistic. I hope Go tries to capture Dragonite, fails miserably and is forced to think that there’s more to capturing Pokémon than throwing a Pokeball at it.
Imagine after that Gou proceeds to befriend the pokemon by sharing berries first and then throwing the pokeball. That would fit a lot more with the GO mechanics :D

Imagine after that Gou proceeds to befriend the pokemon by sharing berries first and then throwing the pokeball. That would fit a lot more with the GO mechanics :D
I don’t find that funny at all, in fact quite concerning if that’s the way the show will work from now on. Next Go would be releasing Pokémon based on their stats and mysteriously getting candy from Sakuragi.

I don’t find that funny at all, in fact quite concerning if that’s the way the show will work from now on. Next Go would be releasing Pokémon based on their stats and mysteriously getting candy from Sakuragi.
Inkay joined Team Rocket after getting James' sandwich, though, so befriending through food is not impossible.

Did Gou really care about stats, though? I thought he was more interested in filling up the dex.

Inkay joined Team Rocket after getting James' sandwich, though, so befriending through food is not impossible
I’m pretty sure the reaction wouldn’t have been so positive if Ash got a Dragonite in the 10th episode of OS after feeding it a berry with no issues.

I was just referring to what might happen if they proceed with further Go-ification of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom