• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN010: The Kairyu Paradise and Hakuryu's Ordeal!

Why? I'm not thrilled with how they're being utilised, don't get me wrong, but their characterisation (despite the boring af scenes they've been called in to do) is spot on. I particularly liked Musashi stupid self-sabotage in getting Whaloh to splash when they were clinging onto a homemade raft. Their scheme of pretending to be lost at sea was also perfectly in-character.

IDK something is off with them, not having their own Pokémon hurts them so much for me. Also remember how when they were capturing strong Pokémon they always had a plan, a mecha or something to counterattack their objective (Mecha Zapdos,holes, the balloon) Now its just throwing cages or nets and throwing a random pokémon that they're as equally dumb as they're big, they're really boring. Atleast in DP they were doing silly things like stealing treasures or stealing food , but it was for survival (Penniless Team Rocket is best Team Rocket) Now I can see them stealing cheese again like they did in Kalos.

Also the poster lied to us, mommy Dragonite was for them.

Also that Wailord is released now... Makes sense, if it blasts off , can you imagine what is going to happen when it lands?

A good thing.
If that happens too often, Giovanni is going(or rather he should) to take their toy away. Not only are they failing but they're hurting the organization by losing valuable assets

I can't help but be reminded of Primeape Goes Bananas. Ash catches a Pokémon that evolved in the same episode it was caught in, but before being caught.
Would you rather have the already established Alola champion go back on his route 1 bird catching routine? Would you like him to go back to that?
Took the words right out of my mouth there, buddy.

Would you rather have the already established Alola champion go back on his route 1 bird catching routine? Would you like him to go back to that?

Established? When?

Of course this is not a normal series, we are not in an only region and I can't use the excuse that he likes to use Pokémon of the region to compete against the gym challenge (Like he said in DP)

So no he does not have a main reason to catch Galarian Pokémon.

Ok I will buy it.

But this raises some questions:

What is Dragonite going to be usefull for?

Ash still does not have a goal (Episode 12 you are our only hope)

How many Pokémon is he going to catch?

More Pokémon less development.

Why Team Rocket instead of having that gatcha does the same?

I hate that machine

Yukai Hayashi is such a trash tier composer. His country tunes are completely ear-grating and have no place in the anime and the rest of his scores are seemingly inspired from meditation music.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind it. As long as he gets a Pokémon and he actually trains it and bonds with it and that Pokémon gets enough screen time and receives its own personality and character arc (and doesn't end up like Rowlet), then yeah, I'm all for it. Plus, as a Pokémon Champion, Ash should be more than capable to bring out a Pokémon's potential, be they unevolved or not.

Why? I'm not thrilled with how they're being utilised, don't get me wrong, but their characterisation (despite the boring af scenes they've been called in to do) is spot on. I particularly liked Musashi stupid self-sabotage in getting Whaloh to splash when they were clinging onto a homemade raft. Their scheme of pretending to be lost at sea was also perfectly in-character.
The voice actors said sometime before the series that TRio's characters will be expanded upon, more backstory explored etc. So far, we've had neither happen... if anything, that lootbox and the way they are portrayed so far diminishes their characters. It kinda feels like a 180 from their XY/SM characterization.
Although I semi-agree with you, you should take into consideration that Ash has never cared how strong or weak any Pokemon is. If the mon shows an interest in joining him, then he'll do so and bring out that Pokemon's hidden potential and make it a strong one while caring for it unconditionally.

I'm glad Ash got a capture, and it's certainly getting it off to a bang. Opening the gate to previous generation captures fits well with the new region hopping focus; will be interesting to see if he gets a Lucario like so many people hoped in the past.

Like some others I'd have preferred if it was still a Dragonair, but Ash is a very experienced trainer who we know can handle something like Dragonite. Plus this one being a bit of a cuddle bug is adorable.

Team Rocket pretending to be shipwrecked to lure a Dragonite in was a fun idea that felt very right for them.

Dragonite is a gentle Pokémon known for rescuing people who are stranded at sea, yet it also possesses incredible power. It's a very thematically appropriate Pokémon for Ash, who's always helping people and Pokémon he meets who are in trouble.

Edit: I'm glad Gou's Dewgong seems to be okay.

How many Pokémon is he going to catch?

More Pokémon less development.
Less screenhogging. Previous series set unrealistic expectations of how much screentime Pokémon need to be "developed", to the point it made me sick of some species, so it's only good if they can fix it this series.

Thank god Ash caught something!

Let’s just hope he doesn’t treat it the way Go treats his Pokémon.

I must admit I woke up with the same dread I had during the Ash v Gladion and Kukui episodes in the league (I was expecting to see a fresh plate of rage). However I must admit the lack of it is quite surprising and nice.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom