• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN011: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too

Lmao, you and BigDocFan posted at the same time. Anyway, I don't know, if this episode is disappointed or even worse than previous episodes. Because, Mr. Mime encountered Gangar could have settle the mischief early instead of relaying Koharu to finish the job. Which rest of the segment, that didn't involve her as the titled episode supposing for her to shine. Also, Go needed to go back to Hoenn to catch Silcoon since the previous trip to there, Wurmple all three evolve to Cascoon. Just too bad for him.

Overall rating: D+

So... She doesnt want to be a trainer or a professor...

SHE WANTS TO BE THE EXORCIST

Also that Gengar in revenge is going to go on a killing spree... Good job guys

It was nice for Go to catch nothing for a damn change. Now can we have an episode where he gets nothing at all? Serves him right for getting all Cascoon with how much screentime he's hogged.

And now he will have three Dustox

He is so tiresome and unoriginal

At least Koharu have a family and some background.

What about you Go are you gonna show why are you like this?

The Koharu parts of this episode were great, but the other parts of it were a bit less great and started to drag a bit in places. One thing I did enjoy about the non-Koharu parts was that as the Wurmple were evolving I was saying to myself that if I was writing it I would make them all evolve into the same thing to troll Gou, so when the episode went ahead and actually did that I felt happy. I suspect that they're using Koharu as a do-over for the whole, "I don't know what I want to be thing," from Serena where it wasn't done particularly well, so I hope Koharu continues to develop it better over the coming episodes. I wonder if Koharu will end up becoming a Performer or Co-ordinater as well down the line coincidentally in time for the inevitable Diamond and Pearl remakes in the next year or two. I also liked that Gou again had to resort to throwing all his balls, especially since this time he didn't manage to play the RNG. Maybe this will lead into an arc of him learning to upgrade his balls and/or start battling what he wants to catch. Koharu and Wanpachi one-shotting the Gengar wasn't too good, however I'm willing to let it slide because having a bigger battle would have taken screentime away from building it up. Unless of course they had cut the Gou and Cascoon scene and saved it for another episode, which might have been preferable to a one-shot resolution.

I'll have to come back to this one tomorrow when there are subtitles, but overall I suspect that it will be one of my more-liked ones. Pocket Monsters is certainly starting to pick up now, and next week looks great too.

I really enjoyed this episode, was a nice slice of life episode which is good to see

Had trouble understanding the scenes with Koharu, will have to wait for the subs

The animation was gorgeous, found it funny that Stantler and Scyther were preparing to fight Dragonite, only for it to hug them

Yamper was just too adorable for words

Was nice that Go didn't catch anything

I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Gengar

What about you Go are you gonna show why are you like this?
Obviously.

Because, Mr. Mime encountered Gangar could have settle the mischief early instead of relaying Koharu to finish the job.
It was caught completely off-guard and Gengar wasn't exactly waiting for a reaction.

I wonder if Koharu will end up becoming a Performer or Co-ordinater as well down the line coincidentally in time for the inevitable Diamond and Pearl remakes in the next year or two.
No. That's almost two years away at best, and region-specific goals don't really make sense for this series.

All three Wumple evolved into Cascoon? That's just bad luck, even for Gou. Best I can suggest is find someone with three Silcoon and offer a trade.

All three Wumple evolved into Cascoon? That's just bad luck, even for Gou. Best I can suggest is find someone with three Silcoon and offer a trade.
Nah, I'll would rather have Gou to go back to Hoenn to catch Silcoon and evolve into Beautifly.

Nah, I'll would rather have Gou to go back to Hoenn to catch Silcoon and evolve into Beautifly.
Yeah, trading is rare in the anime anyway. And besides, those who want to trade because they didn't get a desired form/evolution/ability are often presented as greedy villains anyway.

Called it. Totally called all three Wurmple evolving into the same Pokémon.

I also thought this would be a funny possibility ever since ep 7. :p

No. That's almost two years away at best, and region-specific goals don't really make sense for this series.

Didn't the anime showed us the Kanto region also have contests in the Battle Frontier Saga?

And after this May went to Jotho to compete in contests and we know for a fact contests are a big deal in Hoenn and Sinnoh... I don't think the will do contests, but I also wouldn't call it region specific in the anime (unless the wants to enter a grand festival) and if she want the can do contests just in her home region.

Last edited:
Good on Gou for quickly getting over all three of his Wurmple evolving into Cascoon when they showed how happy they were with it and how much they love Gou. The whole "Hah, take that!" won't work here, his upset was brief and Gou is perfectly fine with his three Cascoon.

As the stuff with Koharu, it was nice seeing her family and her fulling bonding with Yamper. And I wonder when Gengar will appear again.

Didn't the anime showed us the Kanto region also have contests in the Battle Frontier Saga?

And after this May went to Jotho to compete in contests and we know for a fact contests are a big deal in Hoenn and Sinnoh... I don't think the will do contests, but I also wouldn't call it region specific in the anime (unless the wants to enter a grand festival) and if she want the can do contests just in her home region.
They had to move the Battle Frontier and Contests to Kanto to continue promoting Emerald, which resulted in the saga feeling very little like Kanto. I don't see why the current series would showcase contests anywhere but Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Anyway, she isn't going to get a major goal since the writers have enough on their plates with Ash and Go. Expect her to get Lillie-esque screentime.

Koharu's stuff was probably the most interesting part of this entire episode but otherwise I didn't really care too much about the other stuff going on around her.

Add this one to the "Okay" episode list.

They had to move the Battle Frontier and Contests to Kanto to continue promoting Emerald, which resulted in the saga feeling very little like Kanto. I don't see why the current series would showcase contests anywhere but Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Anyway, she isn't going to get a major goal since the writers have enough on their plates with Ash and Go. Expect her to get Lillie-esque screentime.

I also don't think she will compete in contests or be a main character. I think she will be an (important) side character, but not on the same level as for example Ash and Go (but I still hope she'll have a little arc over the course of the series with some episodes focussing on her).

I just wanted to point out contests are more common in the anime than in the games. But of course, chanses of seeing them (again) in Kanto or Jotho are slim to not existing. If we see them again I think it will be for a (filler?) episode in the Hoenn or Sinnoh region.

Hahahahahahaha! I knew the moment he caught them with the purpose of getting both Dustox and Beautifly that all of Go's Wurmple would evolve into the same thing.

If Yamper evolves, I can see Koharu winning a race with it. Boltund doesn't look very marketable, though.

Anyway, I'm curious about Gengar. I highly doubt that anyone but Koharu will catch it, but maybe it will forever cause trouble.

Loved this episode! It was great to see Koharu battle with Yamper and her interactions with her family were nice. It seems this isn't the last time we see Gengar...
I liked the fact that Kikuna and Renji did something other than be characters in the background.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom