• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoohoo, two static images shooting beams at each other

Riveting

Saving so much time on animation that way
This episode is animated by Yūji Asada and Masaaki Iwane, who have provided us with some excellent animation multiple times in the past, so I have perfect faith in them making this episode look dynamic and epic too.

We saw G-Max Charizard moving, so hopefully they'll manage to make Dynamax battles interesting.
It's giant pokemon fighting, how can anyone mess that up? I imagine they'll do a workaround for the 3 turn limit. Maybe just make it using 3 max moves before shrinking.

It's giant pokemon fighting, how can anyone mess that up? I imagine they'll do a workaround for the 3 turn limit. Maybe just make it using 3 max moves before shrinking.

I'd go for something like a five minute time limit, then again, five minutes can last a long time in anime

hqdefault.jpg

Wow so it really is the same Lance from OS/AG, though that should have been obvious from the moment they revealed Red Gyrados was his choice in battle as he doesn't have it any other media(games, Generations or Masters) as well as him having the same VA. They obviously used Red Gyrados to emphasise that this was the same Lance as from years ago.

This is an impressive piece of continuity given he hasn't appreared in 15 years and they managed to mention being a apart of the G-Men, something which hasn't been mentioned since his last appearance. Hopefully Ash immediately recognises Lance.

I'm sure he'll recognize him. Hell, he knew who he was in his debut, although that did take a few seconds to sink in.

Am I the only who's noticed that Dynamax Gyarados and especially Gigantamax Charizard (it most definitely isn't 16 times as tall as Charizard - twice at most) aren't that big? They look Totem-sized instead of filling up a huge chunk of the arena. That's understandable for animation purposes, but it won't feel like in the games (a good thing, really) or the Snorlax episode.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll recognize him. Hell, he knew who he was in his debut, although that did take a few seconds to sink in.

Am I the only who's noticed that Dynamax Gyarados and especially Gigantamax Charizard (it most definitely isn't 16 times as tall as Charizard - twice at most) aren't that big? They look Totem-sized instead of filling up a huge chunk of the arena. That's understandable for animation purposes, but it won't feel like in the games (a good thing, really) or the Snorlax episode.
I think we have yet to see how big they are compared to humans, so the scale doesn't completely come off in the preview.

I say it's hard to tell from the 2 shots given but I can see they're about as tall as at least one level of the stadium, and even then I think they're bigger than that.

If the stadium is bigger, then the people are bigger too because you can see them in the background in both pictures I posted. I just can't imagine that Gigantamax Snorlax wouldn't fill up that stadium.

I'm already starting to feel pretty nervous because of next week's episode. I don't want to see it, I simply don't .... Lance who hasn't been around for ages and a "champion" with an embarrassing baseball cap who's been given a Gigantamaxed Pokemon for free just because they need to advertise it as the newest game feature ... This all feels so wrong without Cynthia who should be the only one competing there!!

They can ruin the whole series, or what's even worse, the whole Anime for me. So, the writers better a have very, VERY good reason why they decided not to have Cynthia in the World Championship finals, or else.... :mad:
It'll be a crucial episode for me personally and I guess for all fans of Cynthia, the truly greatest Champion

Shirona-sama doesn't need to dirty the hems of her flared trousers with the dust of these puny men whom she would crush effortlessly. Leave her be for now, she'll show up when she needs to to save the world from certain destruction .etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom