• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN012: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people are clamoring for Cynthia to come back for a battle she'll lose, but whatever.

I'd rather Diantha have been the one to lose honestly. I don't care about her the way I do Lance and Cynthia

Not sure why people are clamoring for Cynthia to come back for a battle she'll lose, but whatever.
Never got the hype for her aside from being our first female champion and being ultra powerful. She’s pretty boring on a character level If you’re one of those folks who isn’t turned on by just power level wank.

Never got the hype for her aside from being our first female champion and being ultra powerful. She’s pretty boring on a character level If you’re one of those folks who isn’t turned on by just power level wank.
I can personally see what other people see in her (what with her being an archeologist and actually getting involved in her native game's story), but she's still not amongst my favorite Champions.

The battle would have been more interesting if it was
Red Mega Gyarados vs Giagantamax Charizard
Mega wouldn't stand a chance against Gigantamax, now they're fighting on equal footing (theoretically).

Finally, the next Galar episode. Feels like it's been forever since that last one. I can't wait to see Leon's Dynamax battle. I really hope Lance doesn't take up too much time here and the focus is placed mainly on Leon and providing more insight on the Galar region. I'm hoping to see some more Gen 8 Pokemon too.

Finally, the next Galar episode. Feels like it's been forever since that last one. I can't wait to see Leon's Dynamax battle. I really hope Lance doesn't take up too much time here and the focus is placed mainly on Leon and providing more insight on the Galar region. I'm hoping to see some more Gen 8 Pokemon too.
Part of me has the feeling that despite the episode title, the battle itself won't last as long as we'd like. Like maybe less than 10 minutes.

Why not. Gyarados only needs to hold out the three gigamax turns, then it gains the upper hand since then its Mega vs regular mon.
Except Mega Gyrados is Dark, doubt that you'd teach it Protect specifically for Charizard. and Even if you did, One Max Overgrowth will kill it.

Last edited:
New summary and images can be found here

You don't speak for all of us. You don't even speak for half of us.
Says who? If you read what I wrote you'd realize I said "fans of Cynthia", not everybody. And I personally consider myself the world's greatest Cynthia fan!
I don't know if I can count you in , but I'm absolutely sure most Cynthia fans will agree with me.

I don't know what makes you say that because we have no reason whatsoever to believe that Leon will win that match. "The greatest of them all" might just as well be a pun or an allusion to his Pokemon being able to Gigantamax.
And even if he does, it's not a legit victory. Like I said in my last post, the writers let him have an unfair advantage by giving him a Gigantamaxed Pokemon for free which no other champion has had so far, just for the sake of marketing and introducing the most prominent feature of the new games ...
No matter how the battle will end, it'll have a bitter aftertaste and will never make him the greatest champion (by the way, remember what Cynthia and Lance said in Pokemon Master about the meaning of "the greatest" with regards to Pokemon trainers ?)

Then you probably missed the whole Sinnoh arc ;) She had more appearances and character development than any other so-called champion before and after her

You're using "character development" very loosely there. These champions are supposed to look cool, impart their wisdom (in some cases) and do little else.
Well, and some of them even failed to do that (Walace, Diantha and, above all, Alder say hi)

I don't expect user @Eitarou to share my standpoint, but I clearly disagree with his/her opinion that Cynthia is a boring character considering that of all champions she had the most appearances. She gave insight into her dreams, her soul and her world view. She played a major part in saving the world from Team Galactic and she was the only champion to visit the Sinnoh league and to face three members of the Elite Four. So, I guess those facts speak for themselves .

And even if he does, it's not a legit victory. Like I said in my last post, the writers let him have an unfair advantage by giving him a Gigantamaxed Pokemon for free which no other champion has had so far, just for the sake of marketing and introducing the most prominent feature of the new games ...
Could you explain what you mean by Leon having a Gigantamaxed Pokémon for free?

Then you probably missed the whole Sinnoh arc ;) She had more appearances and character development than any other so-called champion before and after her
I did. She doesn’t develop at all because she played a mentor figure role at best. That still doesn’t change the fact she was a snooze and only appeared to say the usual generic lore about strength and Pokémon in all her appearances. Adeku was playful and soulful, Mikuri had his androgynous charisma and idol persona, even Wataru had his G-Men stuff and intervention with appearing to help save Pikachu and Satoshi in Hoenn (acting as more of a hero), Shirona/Carne were both just bland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom