• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN013: Satoshi VS Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!

541b570acc483d6c6aeb65b79454eb43.png

We need you CHEW!!!

But now, it might actually come true. It would be awkward and jarring for Ash to go toe to toe with Champions one saga and lose to a beginner trainer in the next. Creating a new protagonist would solve these power issues, as they can have him or her lose battles with beginner trainers without it feeling jarring because they are a newbie trainer themselves.

We need to wait and see what they plan. It is too soon to know.

The anime creators probably haven't planned anything yet for a future new region (which will be in about three years).

But now, it might actually come true. It would be awkward and jarring for Ash to go toe to toe with Champions one saga and lose to a beginner trainer in the next. Creating a new protagonist would solve these power issues, as they can have him or her lose battles with beginner trainers without it feeling jarring because they are a newbie trainer themselves.
But still why haven’t ash mention he a champion

But still why haven’t ash mention he a champion
I found a YouTube comment that may or may not explain why:
YouTube user said:
I think the reason why they didn't mention Ash's Champion Title is pretty obvious: it wouldn't have made any sense from a narrative point of view. This episode was about Galar's championship, "Ash VS Leon" and how Dynamax works in battle. Why should have Ash said "Hey, you know? I'm a League Champion too!"? People always pretend events to happen in a certain way, and some things to be mentioned, but they never think how and if a mention would make sense due to the episode's narration and overall story.

No real surprise we got oh lawd he comin' Pikachu, though I thought maybe they'd have him Dynamax at first then later gain the ability to Gigantamax to promote the DLC.

But rather than reverting to another badge quest as so many people thought, the writers are taking him to the next level. The problem is that there is no other level after this, assuming that he actually makes it to the finals (even if he loses there).

I am not of the opinion that this series will necessarily end when the next generation is released, though. They could easily just pull a "Season 2" and add another region to the batch, as well as a new champion that would be another contender for the finals. That is, the World Championship finals could be very far off. Why should it be treated as just another journey?
They're in a bit of a tricky situation here (one that's always been an issue since the series originally had an ending with Ash's goal being set up based on that). If Ash wins the World Championship it would be hard to buy another level above that. The problem is if he enters and loses...what then? Forget the whole thing and do something else (which is basically what happened with the Badge Quest so not impossible---he never won a traditional league)? Enter the exact same tournament again next series?

In theory they could have him win then have to defend his title. That could be good for at least one more series.

Last edited:
It was kinda funny to see how Pikachu tried to jump when using G-Max Volt Crash, like he usually does when using Thunderbolt, only for him to immediately fall back down due to his much heavier-than-usual body.
Seeing Pikachu just be a huge chonk is funny in general. That trudge Quick Attack XD

Riley has a point. Once you're world champion, where do you go from there? He'd literally be the best in the world. Only way to keep Ash relevant is if he lost to Leon again.
Yeah. Ash would become the strongest trainer in the world so the only justifiable reason to keep him around would be for him to serve as a mentor for a new trainer, who would eventually take over and become the new protagonist.

My big takeaway from the writers taking Ash to the next level is not that Ash's story is ending any time soon, but that this series is going to last a long time. As Silktree pointed out, they can stretch this out for a long time and can just add more regions and Pokemon as new content come out.

Another good episode. Of course any episode with Leon is bound to be good.

I suppose I should be surprised that Pikachu can Gigantamax. He's always been portrayed as super special, so it only makes sense. I thought it was funny that Ash actually commanded him to use a physical attack with his new massive body. But on that note, why did Iron Tail actually turn to Max Steelspike as it should have, while Quick Attack was still the same instead of becoming Max Strike? Weird. I do like that Pikachu holds his tail and slams it to the ground to use Max Steelspike.

I thought it was kind of funny that Go just randomly decided to catch that Skwovet after seeing it...and then proceeded to not do anything with it. It was almost like a blink and miss it moment. It was also hilarious that Leon showed up out of nowhere and gave Ash water when he was choking. The free Dynamax Band tho, really? I had to earn that thing in the game, but of course Ash just gets one for free with no effort. I was also surprised to see that the band is actually soft. I always assumed it was made out of a hard material like the Z-Ring and Mega Ring were. But I guess it makes sense since it's a sports band. The battle between Ash and Leon was fine, I just didn't like how Pikachu Gigantamaxed out of nowhere. I know that that's actually something that can happen, I just wish Ash would have decided to use it. I get that he's not gonna call Pikcahu back to his PokeBall to initiate it, but at least don't make it some random power up that happens when Pikachu is in a twist.

So I'm guessing Ash now has the goal to challenge Leon so I'm hoping he's gonna actually do Galar's gym challenge. I really want to see the leaders and for Ash to have an actually goal in this series.

Overall good epsiode. I loved hearing the SwSh gym battle music again. Only negative was TR. 8/10

So I'm guessing Ash now has the goal to challenge Leon so I'm hoping he's gonna actually do Galar's gym challenge. I really want to see the leaders and for Ash to have an actually goal in this series.
It seemed to me he's doing bigger things than that.
Only negative was TR.
I thought they were used sparingly and wisely in this episode, with them even getting a new Pokémon.

Only negative was TR.

For what exactly. For being used good for once? For appearing in 5 out of 14 episodes?

For showing development? For being good at his job for once?

For me this two episodes showed what is the perfect Rockets that I want to see.

Some people just would like for them to dissapear but let's be real the Rockets are an staple of this series and they are not going anywhere, they will even surpass Go mark my words.

My opinion sure is Rocket Biassed, but what I can do. I love them that much.

Apparently he did, to Gou, while fighting over the bunk bed - as in who gets the top bed. I think that was episode 2? Subs for the episode don't show him saying that, but if you listen carefully you do hear him say it.
There seems to be a similar vocabulary that Ash uses as Delia speaks, but it doesn't sound like Ash is bragging about being the champion so therefore he deserves the top bunk - it doesn't sound like that. It would be very unlike Ash if he bragged about him being champion to get the top bunk. Ash never used any of his status or achievements (having collected eight badges, having reached a top position in a league tournament, having met the champion, beating all frontier brains, etc) to justify that he deserves certain things. Also, it doesn't seem like Ash's character to parade around being the Alola Champion when nobody asked.

As for this episode, it was okay. I found the Gigantamax battle underwhelming mostly because of the slow-mo action. Lance vs Leon felt a lot more fast-paced.

I'm looking forward to the master class battles. Hopefully we get to see other champions as well.

Also, I'm guessing Raihan to be the dragon-trainer that Ash battles next.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom