• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN014: First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I’m guessing it’s Golurk... since that’s the type of Pokémon that’d be grand enough for a raid.

A Happy Politoed
Reaction score
If so, lets hope Ash doesn't repeat what he did with Hapu and use Pikachu to battle Golurk

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Seems like this could be the episode that those magazine scans were hinting at earlier.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Seems like this could be the episode that those magazine scans were hinting at earlier.
And they also showed a Sandile, a Cofagrigus, and a Golurk with Gou, among other things, implying that Gou will catch those Pokemon.

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Preview summary:

Ash and Go head off to investigate the "Ruins of the Giants" that have been discovered in the Desert Resort in the Unova region. Will the two be able to solve the mystery of the ruins?!

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Ugh... that doesn't even feel interesting. Instead of using the Relic Castle as the location (the very Relic Castle that was never featured due to two unreleased episodes) for the episode, they decide to create a completely new anime exclusive location. The funny part is that there was no reason to not use Relic Castle if they're indeed trying to intentionally avoid continuity. I don't even know what the writers are doing at this point.

Not to mention that it seems to be another GO-ification episode what with Gou's captures being spoiled and the raid battle in the title.
It's almost like they're deliberately trying to avoid game characters and locations. The only game characters who have appeared so far are Giovanni, Lance, and Leon.

Antagonizing members at the Clemens Point camp
Reaction score
It's almost like they're deliberately trying to avoid game characters and locations. The only game characters who have appeared so far are Giovanni, Lance, and Leon.
I've noticed.

There's absolutely no point in the "World Tour" and "all regions" aspect that this series is supposed to showcase if they're not going to (re)visit any game locations and bring in characters either met in the past or from the games. Kinda Pretty much makes the entire series fall flat on its face.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I've noticed.

There's absolutely no point in the "World Tour" and "all regions" aspect that this series is supposed to showcase if they're not going to (re)visit any game locations and bring in characters either met in the past or from the games. Kinda makes the entire series fall flat on its face.
It's pretty much clear at this point that they are only interested in promoting Pokemon Go.

Not Dead
Reaction score
Last I checked, the Wild Area, Ecruteak (specifically Tin Tower), Wyndon Stadium and Desert Resort were in-game locations. Dragonite Island is referenced in the in-game Pokedex, too. I'll admit that Vermilion and Snowpoint are "in name only" so far, but the settings fit at least. The problem with many cities is that there isn't a lot to them other than their gyms.

I would have preferred to see the Relic Castle here, but the episode focuses on Golurk rather than Volcarona and the Desert Resort is big enough to contain more ruins. Anyway, it will be interesting to see Go catch Golurk after a difficult battle for once, but he doesn't really have a counter right now unless Misdreavus is involved and uses some tricks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would have preferred to see the Relic Castle here, but the episode focuses on Golurk rather than Volcarona and the Desert Resort is big enough to contain more ruins. Anyway, it will be interesting to see Go catch Golurk after a difficult battle for once, but he doesn't really have a counter right now unless Misdreavus is involved and uses some tricks.
If I remember correctly, Gou also caught three water-types, those would be good against golurk too. I liked his dewgong's personality, personally I hope he uses it...

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I hope Go does some series work if it’s a conventional raid (that is, more people are involved who want to capture the Golurk).

Reaction score
I don’t mind the series going to anime specific ruins, as this location could essentially just be Relic Castle but with Golurk instead of Volcarona. Also, it’s pretty great that Unova’s debut episode in this series takes place in an area that was forcibly skipped over in BW.

Relic Castle in the anime could possibly be based on B2/W2 rather then B/W, where most of the castle has been filled with sand. This could then allow for an episode that shows off both Relic Passage and Relic Castle, and would potentially be an Ash focused episode that has him ending up catching a Volcarona.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We already saw Relic Castle. It was repurposed for Operation Tempest arc except all the orange light was changed to blue.

However, that doesn't excuse not showing a different part of the castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.