• ME returns to his hometown to defend it against invasion from Team Galactic. Watch here as he battles against Commander Mars for the second time.
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN014: First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE NO GO MAN
Reaction score
A character that have the name of a location?

It's weird but also lame. Of course there is also things like Vegeta, prince of planet Vegeta....

Run like the Wind, Raboot
Reaction score
Shiny Psyduck, beautiful

Haven't seen Meditite for a while

Litwick too, wow

This promises to be a great battle

Reaction score
Shiny Psyduck? In the anime? *Cue Monstropolis battle theme from Kingdom Hearts III*

Coincidental, as I always catch a Shiny Psyduck in Pokémon GO whenever I'm out of my home state, and I'm due to fly to Melbourne in two weeks.

Reaction score
If anyone is going to catch that Golurk please let it be Ash. Barring that just don't let it be Go. It is too strong for him at this point in time. Also, can someone please explain to me how Raid Battles work?

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
If anyone is going to catch that Golurk please let it be Ash. Barring that just don't let it be Go. It is too strong for him at this point in time. Also, can someone please explain to me how Raid Battles work?
Based on a CoroCoro scan from a while back, it seems like Go will be catching it.

Reaction score
I wonder if the girl in the PV is related to Milo. Her hair and eyes color are the same as him.

Reaction score
OK. So, I looked up Raid Battles to see how they work and as I thought but, wasn't certain of as I don't play Pokemon Go every trainer in the group battling gets the opportunity to catch the Pokemon from the Raid Battle. Problem I see with that in the anime is there is only the one Pokemon so only one trainer could catch it unless in the anime the point of Raid Battles is battling the Pokemon not catching it so they decide ahead of time who would catch it but, then that still seems kind of odd and makes me wonder why they even bothered to add this Pokemon Go mechanic into the anime in the first place.

Run like the Wind, Raboot
Reaction score
I guess we can't rely too much on the magazine scans

The Pokemon shown will probably appear but there will be others not shown

Reaction score
Nice to see Beedrill and Dragonite again. I hope these two actually see some play in the actual episode. This is also a chance for Scorbunny to actually fight, but his moveset is ineffective against Golurk.

Not Dead
Reaction score
@zeroxros7

Based on the Lugia raid, it seems that people take turns to battle/catch the wild Pokemon, and this is fair as everyone understands that. In Golurk's case, I doubt that the researchers want to catch it; they probably care about the ruins first and foremost. Ash cares about the thrill of battle, so nothing says that he wants to catch Golurk. I agree that Go shouldn't catch Golurk if he isn't the one doing most of the work, though.

It would be more interesting if a future raid featured multiple wild Pokemon, but that isn't a thing in any of the current games. Maybe they'll be reminded of SOS battles in Alola (did SM ever do anything with it?).

Status
Not open for further replies.