• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN015: Snow Day, Where is Karakara's Bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Gou will catch Cubone. But on the same time I also don't like the idea of Gou and Satoshi catching old Pokémon that has already gotten screentime through past companions. Gou already has a Scyther for example and Satoshi has a fully evolved Dragonite just like Iris (why can't they catch a Dratini and evolve it!?). While Kiawe didn't catch a Cubone, the line still got focus during the last season.

This also means even more Gen 1 pandering. Why don't they want to advertise the new Galarian Pokémon and forms? I think they are overestimating the amount of older people and Pokémon Go players watching this anime!

But then again I guess Gou catching Cubone might not necessarily mean anything considering how he doesn't use the Pokémon he catches anyway. Although I guess it would make him a little heartless if they give Cubone an angsty backstory like in the game. There was a lot of angsty stuff in SM so I wonder if the trend will continue.
I think he will stay a cubone to be honest if caught. Wished the beef was with a mandibuzz and not a mankey however

Summary and Cast lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go both go back to their own homes after trouble breaks out at the Sakuragi Laboratories. Go ends up meeting the distressed Pokémon "Karakara" near his house; Just what has happened to it...?

Summary:
There's system trouble at the Sakuragi Laboratories! Satoshi and Go, who normally live at the laboratories, both have to go back to their own homes while the system is getting fixed. Go is happy he gets to meet his father and mother again after not seeing them for so long, but he gets told they can't come home due to a sudden job they have to do. Go half expected that this was going to be the case, as it so often is, and as he bows to the inevitable he ends up running into a "Karakara", a visibly distressed Pokémon. Go and the others decide to help the Karakara search for the object it's looking for, but will they manage to find it?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Hibanny
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Shinichiro Miki: Strike
Rikako Aikawa: Butterfree
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Risa Shimizu: Spear
Kiri Yoshizawa: Tome
Michiko Neya: Kurune
Takayuki Masuda: Ikuo
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Rika Adachi: Subame
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Kei Shindo: Mankey
Noriaki Kanze: Mankey

Beedrill is appearing twice in a row. I hope that Parasect and Misdreavus also appear, since they share voice actors with Scyther and Beedrill, respectively. A lot of Go's Pokemon have unconfirmed VAs, too.

But when are we going to see Ash spend some time in Pallet? Gengar could have waited one more episode.

Last edited:
Beedrill is appearing twice in a row. I hope that Parasect and Misdreavus also appear, since they share voice actors with Scyther and Beedrill, respectively. A lot of Go's Pokemon have unconfirmed VAs, too.

But when are we going to see Ash spend some time in Pallet? Gengar could have waited one more episode.

It really should have been a double-header. Part one focuses on Go, part two focuses on Ash.

I think I know what we would all like to see in a Satoshi/Masara Town episode, but keeping expectations realistic, would there be a story there which they could drag out for an entire episode? I really doubt it.

It really should have been a double-header. Part one focuses on Go, part two focuses on Ash.

What with the constant bashing that Go suffers through every day around here I would've thought that the idea of him sharing this episode with Ash would've been a huge turn off for most people anyways.

Last edited:
I think I know what we would all like to see in a Satoshi/Masara Town episode, but keeping expectations realistic, would there be a story there which they could drag out for an entire episode? I really doubt it.
You severely underestimate the writers' abilities to create plot out of thin air.

glances at the countless filler episodes that have been churned out in the entirety of the show's history

I'm pretty sure having test battles with his older Pokemon and even having a couple or just one of his Pokemon evolving would've been an interesting episode. Maybe it would be boring for others though.

The next episode is about Ash and Gengar, but let's not derail the thread.

I'd like to see what Go's family think about his new life. And no, not in a "Go's family will show him the light" kind of way.

I'd like to see an episode about Bulbasaur passing its duties onto another Pokemon, and Gary returning after 10+ years.
I would love to see both these things, particularly the latter. I just don’t think we would get them in any circumstances for episode 16 of this new series.

You severely underestimate the writers' abilities to create plot out of thin air.
Sorry I should have been clearer - I can absolutely imagine a dull filler set in Masara Town which dashes fans’ hopes to the ground about older Pokemon/cast returning which adds literally nothing :p

I'm pretty sure having test battles with his older Pokemon and even having a couple or just one of his Pokemon evolving would've been an interesting episode. Maybe it would be boring for others though.
I would also find this interesting. Just that based on the series so far, I can’t see this happening in the immediate future.

Technically, it's not derailing since the summary does say that Ash is heading back to Pallet. And according to SS016's summary, the episode takes places at Sakuragi's Lab, so there's no chance of seeing Pallet Town / Oak Reserves there.
My point is that we've established that we aren't going to see Ash in Pallet for more than a few seconds anytime soon. It's unfortunate, but there's already a continuity thread.

Imagine if Go father and mother are Team Rocket high rank members....

Wow that would be awesome

BTW another week not knowing what has happened to Chewster, Chewster we need you my boy
Now that would be interesting to see, especially if they're more competent then Jessie and James
Go is the long-lost son of Jessie and James, given up to a good family shortly after his birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom