• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My babies :cry::bulbaLove:

Not to immediately criticise again but where tf is Koharu?

I like there being an estate agent though - that’s a profession we haven’t seen in this show! In fact, real estate is not a subject I remember being touched on except in the context of “this evil person has built in Pokemon habitat areas”-type stories.

My babies :cry::bulbaLove:

Not to immediately criticise again but where tf is Koharu?

I like there being an estate agent though - that’s a profession we haven’t seen in this show! In fact, real estate is not a subject I remember being touched on except in the context of “this evil person has built in Pokemon habitat areas”-type stories.

I'm guessing she's at home with her family or at school

Wish they'd give her some more focus and screen time

Voice Cast:
Not Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
This is why people flip tables.

They have an episode focused on her to get people interested in her while connecting her to the Gengar in the form of her being the one to defeat it, then she just disappears from the show for literal weeks on end only for them to bring back the Gengar and not her. I'm not saying this episode is destined to be terrible, but Koharu not even being in it is a huge disappointment and substantially lowers my interest/expectations for it. I guess there is at least some solace to be found in the lack of Marina Aicholtz.

Hmm...
I guess this should be the third time Ash getting possessed... Or NOT.

They have an episode focused on her to get people interested in her while connecting her to the Gengar in the form of her being the one to defeat it
Actually no. Her battle with Gengar has less to do with the ghost type and more to emphasize that Yamper only listens to and trusts her. That entire segment was used to highlight Koharu and Yamper's bond with Gengar being the catalyst/fall guy.

This is why people flip tables.

They have an episode focused on her to get people interested in her while connecting her to the Gengar in the form of her being the one to defeat it, then she just disappears from the show for literal weeks on end only for them to bring back the Gengar and not her. I'm not saying this episode is destined to be terrible, but Koharu not even being in it is a huge disappointment and substantially lowers my interest/expectations for it. I guess there is at least some solace to be found in the lack of Marina Aicholtz.

Koharu wasn't going to catch it anyway, she doesn't even have a Pokemon related goal, if she was going to have one.

No way, are they needlessly going to give her a powerful Gengar for no reason. Look at how long it took Serena to catch a Pokemon, and hell Mallow technically never got a 2nd Pokemon at all (though yes she did use a Shaymin), I guess neither did Lillie but there is Magearna which can be regarded as her, though ultimately irrelevant).

Koharu wasn't going to catch it anyway, she doesn't even have a Pokemon related goal, if she was going to have one.

No way, are they needlessly going to give her a powerful Gengar for no reason. Look at how long it took Serena to catch a Pokemon, and hell Mallow technically never got a 2nd Pokemon at all (though yes she did use a Shaymin), I guess neither did Lillie but there is Magearna which can be regarded as her, though ultimately irrelevant).
She didn't need to catch it but she could have at least been in the episode that brought it back. I guess I'm just disappointed that she got a great episode devoted to her that left me wanting to see more of her and now it has been nearly a literal month since she even appeared, let alone done anything.

She didn't need to catch it but she could have at least been in the episode that brought it back. I guess I'm just disappointed that she got a great episode devoted to her that left me wanting to see more of her and now it has been nearly a literal month since she even appeared, let alone done anything.

Not really since Yamper doesn't really seem to be in this episode either.

And I'm not sure I like the story telling, of a rapport being built between characters, like Ash and Go with Gengar, and then suddenly just because Koharu decided to appear at the end somehow it means that there is a bond between Gengar and Koharu and also just because of Yamper using spark on it sending it out of the lab. Especially since the point was (like stated before) a purely Koharu bonding with Yamper moment (which is probably why we haven't seen it in awhile).

I can agree its weird we haven't seen Koharu in a while, but honestly since she's not part of the main cast, I don't see how it matters, especially since she serves no purpose outside of just existing at this point, what could she really offer.

Ash was telling Gengar to stop with a really angry tone in the preview. I guess its action went too far.

Wait... I think I just realized something! This series has made a lot of references to Pokédex entries, right? That shot of Gengar looking out a window could hint that its backstory has something to do with this:

Screenshot_20200301-134419.jpg

Especially the first sentence.

I love the spooky dripping title effect they used (y) Not the best "scary preview" they've ever done, but at least they tried!

Wait... I think I just realized something! This series has made a lot of references to Pokédex entries, right? That shot of Gengar looking out a window could hint that its backstory has something to do with this:

View attachment 131332

Especially the first sentence.
So you're saying Gengar is going to be Ash's third traveling companion for this series? ;)

Reminder that neither one of the Rotom Pokedexes is going to show up, making a capture unlikely.

I can agree its weird we haven't seen Koharu in a while, but honestly since she's not part of the main cast, I don't see how it matters, especially since she serves no purpose outside of just existing at this point, what could she really offer.
I guess all recurring characters should just stop existing. She easily has more potential than her dad, who keeps appearing for minor stuff. She is shown traveling in the opening and it's time to explain what that is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom