• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder that neither one of the Rotom Pokedexes is going to show up, making a capture unlikely.
Ash's Rotom Phone didn't say anything when he caught Dragonite. So that's not a good reason to remove the possibility of Ash catching Gengar.

Ash's Rotom Phone didn't say anything when he caught Dragonite. So that's not a good reason to remove the possibility of Ash catching Gengar.
Fair enough. I still maintain that Ash befriending a Pokemon that has just cursed him would be silly.

Could you point which of these antagonistic Pokemon Ash caught? And to me it seems that Gengar wants to curse Ash to be someone else, which is going a bit too far for attention.

As for the promotion thing, Jigglypuff says hi.

Could you point which of these antagonistic Pokemon Ash caught? And to me it seems that Gengar wants to curse Ash to be someone else, which is going a bit too far for attention.
Corphish off the top of my head.

Also;
0EE31519-00D5-4F9B-8E91-BB5460C470D7.jpeg

Honestly looking at the preview I think one scene when that couple is standing before Ash, I think in the same scene Gengar shows up threatening them with a Shaow Ball. I think those two were picking on Ash and Gengar defended him.

Reminder that neither one of the Rotom Pokedexes is going to show up, making a capture unlikely.

I guess all recurring characters should just stop existing. She easily has more potential than her dad, who keeps appearing for minor stuff. She is shown traveling in the opening and it's time to explain what that is about.
1. Ash's Rotom phone does not have a unique va like Go's does, and probably will never be listed because the va is listed for someone with precedence. so it can still appear in this episode. And if i am wrong, we at least do not know its va.

2. I'm not saying Koharu should never show up. But unless it serves a point, and there's no reason to, why needlessly bring her in? How about only when its a big interaction between the characters or actually focused on her, why bring her in just to say some line that equates to "where do I go to pick up my paycheck for the episode?" I mean it would mean more if she had importance or contributed in some way, which is hard to do when she doesn't know whst she wants to do? So that leaves interaction, and so far none of the episodes warranted an interaction. except maybe the Cubone episode which properly took place in Vermillion City. There could have been a quick Koharu interacting with Ash scene instead of mostly focusing on Go.

In this episode it seems needless to bring her in, especially since it appears that Yamper isn't here, though it could be.

Nowhere near comparable. Gengar is actively putting people's lives in danger.

Its because none of those other pokemon are Gengar with Gengar's pokedex entries

1. Ash's Rotom phone does not have a unique va like Go's does, and probably will never be listed because the va is listed for someone with precedence. so it can still appear in this episode. And if i am wrong, we at least do not know its va.
I'm fairly positive its voice is the same as the narrator's.

I'm fairly positive its voice is the same as the narrator's.

It most likely is, I'm just pointing out it hasn't been stated yet.

Though I don't know how VAs are listed for roles, when they are listed for something more important.

Like how do we come to know that Rica voiced anything other than Satoshi for example.

What if we are all overlooking another possibility: What if Gengar isn't a capture, since it doesn't want to be caught (It just wants friends) and just becomes a permanent resident for the lab.
Well do note a pokemon has to give consent if it wants to tag along with them. Being caught just makes things easier following them around. Plus it seems Gengar is more fond of Ash than the lab residents.

I'm sort of divided. I like Gengar and think Ash having to reform a genuinely malicious Pokémon could be unique and interesting, as sort of a flip of him helping Chimchar get over it's trauma (Primeape was turned really quickly and wasn't really that interesting as a result).

On the other hand for a series focusing on the whole world Ash's party is already 50% Kanto. Unless he gets more than six Pokémon this series that's already very high.

If Ash gets Gengar then I'm convinced the writing staff or The Pokemon Company must be kicking themselves over the fact that they got rid of the Haunter from season 1. They let go off an extremely popular Pokemon that has always been big for merchandise. I definitely had a Gengar straw and a Gengar lunchbox as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom