• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN016: Cursed Satoshi...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ash gets Gengar then I'm convinced the writing staff or The Pokemon Company must be kicking themselves over the fact that they got rid of the Haunter from season 1. They let go off an extremely popular Pokemon that has always been big for merchandise. I definitely had a Gengar straw and a Gengar lunchbox as a kid

Er, I don't think they've lost any sleep over something that happened almost 23 years ago. They had all this time to give Ash a different Haunter or Gengar and barely decided that now was the time.

Tbh I doubt that any of the anime's staff even remember that they once had Ash bond with a Haunter (and 'bond' is a really loose term since Ash spent like ~5 minutes in total interacting with that thing).

Er, I don't think they've lost any sleep over something that happened almost 23 years ago. They had all this time to give Ash a different Haunter or Gengar and barely decided that now was the time.

I don't see how, they clearly have to be limited to what an executive producer thinks is acceptable (typically Ash could only get relevant current generation Pokemon), or whoever is in charge of the captures. I don't think they can just willy nilly give Ash whatever Pokemon they feel has been wrong to rob Ash of so many years ago.

But as time goes on as the series goes on, we clearly get a massive change in the status quo, newer people are hired, executives likely change hands, and then of course we get something like 8th generation anime, where Ash actually is ALLOWED or more reasonably allowed to capture past generation Pokemon. Like Dragonite, and potentially Gengar.

I guarantee you someone in the anime production team is grateful for these new additions, and the questioning of why "horrible" decisions were made back in the day.

I don't think this is simply an executive losing sleep and then ultimately deciding to rectify their past mistakes. Rather I'm more led to believe that someone who questioned someone else's stupid decisions, has the power NOW in this series to fix them. While the people who made them, tragically died or retired, and doesn't care one way or another now.

You are gonna make me hate Gengar right Pokeani?

Atleast you will never get me to hate the most popular ghost type pokémon:

Mimmikyu

*Most popular Ghost-type in proportion to Alolan Pokémon*
Yeah notice how Greninja/Gekkouga faced competition against only 70 other Kalos Pokémon and the only other really popular one being Sylveon. That different from Kanto’s 150 with much stiffer competition between them. Notice how the gap in votes is much less crazy. Mimikyu is the most popular Ghost of Alola.

A production sketch of this episode from the official Twitter.

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1234659761464889344

ESE2k6HVUAMehTW

New summary and images can be found here

This image implies that Gengar will join Ash or at least become a friend.
According to the machine translation, in the Gengar part of this image, it said that this Gengar doesn't trust human but decided to join because of Ash's invitation/request. Something like that.

a310511336331257.jpg

Machine translation of the text in the upper right:"The key to victory against Dande!? Satoshi's "Friendship GET" Pokemons"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom