• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN017: Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the moves Scorbunny can learn, I think Ember would be a good one. Its not that strong which is good considering Scorbunny's battle experience, Flame Charge is a bit overused in the anime I feel
I rather blaze kick, it fits him better than ember imo

On one hand, it's about damn time Scorbunny gets an actual STAB move. Watching it use nothing but Double Kick for the past dozen episodes was getting kinda old. On the other hand, if it actually evolves after barely getting any development at all, I'm gonna flip.
Here we go again. What part of 'Go is mainly a collector' do people not understand? This constant outcry for him to battle more is silly because he's clearly not trying to go down that road yet some people keep trying to shove him into that category, which I suspect isn't even about their own desire to see him improve, but a way for them to criticize him even more when he screws up.
Battling or befriending Pokemon is almost always required if a trainer wants to capture them. That's something that's been established in the anime from the very beginning. Outside of a few exceptions, Gou seems to be oddly exempt from this rule. If you can present a justifiable in-universe explanation for this, I'll gladly hear it.

Also, for someone who tends to avoid Pokemon battles, their partner Pokemon sure does enjoy charging into random battles or other dangerous situations. Maybe they could do something about that.

Judging from the opening I think it might learn blaze kick after it kicked a Corviknight with blaze kick

Blaze Kick would be perfectly suitable for Scorbunny to learn in this episode, as it:
  • Already does a lot of kicking motions via Double Kick
  • Has the pads on its feet that produce fire, along with the aforementioned Double Kick experience
  • Was shown using something akin to Blaze Kick, if not the move proper, in the opening
  • Thematically would make sense
It could be like a Quick Attack > Volt Tackle situation. As far as little Pokemon learning powerful moves early, we've had that with plenty of team member's before, such as Buneary's Ice Beam, Snivy's Leaf Storm, or Ash's Cyndaquil's Flamethrower.

Imo, Scorbunny should learn Flame Charge first, which later turns into Blaze Kick as Scorbunny becomes more powerful. Makes the most sense too me and that is also good writing, since it shows natural progression (Something i often miss in the anime, especially the last two series).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESEhBSWWkAAEpm5.jpg:large looks like someone fowled up
source and poster pic
Why?? They haven't even shown off Grookey or Sobble yet. I don't like this. If real (that's the key word here because it could be fake), it's way too early for something like this to be happening.

Okay, the mobile version of the site only shows the old picture, but whatever. I am not thrilled about this development, but I'll keep an open mind.

Okay, the mobile version of the site only shows the old picture, but whatever. I am not thrilled about this development, but I'll keep an open mind.
yeah, it shows on my desktop
admittingly it does feel a bit too soon

its on the offician niconico site too which i linked too
Yup, I see it too. In hindsight, Scorbunny evolving seemed like the most likely scenario given how the blurb was worded. Hoping for it to just learn a new move and nothing else was just optimistic thinking, in retrospect.

Is this the fastest we've seen a starter evolve after someone from the main cast catches it? It certainly feels like it.

Welp. That's kind of early but I'm actually glad Scorbunny isn't stuck in the cute mascot stage forever.

And we're back for things being spoiled early. Not Ash winning the league levels of bad tho
I doubt it'll be possible to get that level of bad again. The only thing I can think of that could be a bigger plot twist (that doesn't break the series' rating or universe) is Pikachu evolving.

Yup, I see it too. In hindsight, Scorbunny evolving seemed like the most likely scenario given how the blurb was worded. Hoping for it to just learn a new move and nothing else was just optimistic thinking, in retrospect.

Is this the fastest we've seen a starter evolve after someone from the main cast catches it? It certainly feels like it.
I think so. Even in the super-fast paced Kanto Charmander waited longer than that.

Edit: As for how Scorbunny got enough exp to evolve: joking aside I sort of suspect you get experience even when you lose in the anime, and if you want to go by game mechanics they got some exp candy from winning that raid battle against Golurk. ;)

Last edited:
This does have me wondering. Wtf are the writers planning on doing with Grookey and Sobble, if anything? Surely they're gonna appear at some point, right?
Who?

It is not hard to believe that one of them will replace Scorbunny as Go's forever cute Pokemon, although Eevee could fill that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom