• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN017: Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!!

As expected, Scorbunny evolved. That poster was indeed real.
Despite being a Scorbunny-focused episode, I think TRio's part was really good. All of their scenes feel really warm and wholesome.
What you think about my comments :)
I’m glad team rocket had more focus like you said. What happen to James polywhril unless it’s ran off
That galar Pokémon team rocket had catch I thought was weird it grew bigger

Was that the recurring mother and daughter observing Scorbunny's training?
I’m not sure but it’s possible I will rewatch it later :)

Was that the recurring mother and daughter observing Scorbunny's training?
You think that turtle Pokémon team rocket will stay with them now or not

Annoyingly, the stream kept freezing at the worst moment, meaning I missed some important scenes, like Scorbunny evolving

Team Rocket were pointless this episode, the only good bit was seeing Chewtle
Jessie shown you care for that little turtle Pokémon as she help it to get back up :)

My understanding of the Japanese language is quite limited, but I'm guessing that Gou didn't know what a telephone booth was because it's basically outdated tech, especially among kids with their newfangled smartphones Rotom Phones. Hilarious.

Team Rocket got a lot more screentime in this episode than I expected, and Chewtle made its return via the Rocket Gachat, which was a pleasant surprise. Seems like it's gonna be a recurring character via the Rocket Gachat instead of being an actual permanent member of the trio's party, which I'm fine with (still hate the machine, tho). Also, while Jessie doesn't actually own it, it seems like Jessie is gonna be the one using Chewtle even though it would've suited James more. Or maybe Chewtle's usage is gonna alternate between them both in future episodes. That could happen.

Unfortunately, without some TL notes, I can't fully appreciate the shiritori segment. Also, while I'm fine with them getting this much screentime, did the writers really needed to have the Rocket trio battle the main characters and blast-off twice in one episode? Seems a bit unnecessary. Also, where did Poliwrath go?

Raboot is in its rebellious phase, how cute. I'm still unsatisfied with how quickly it evolved after being captured despite barely receiving any development at all prior to this episode, but this episode's events made its relatively-quick evolution plausible enough for me to accept. Still, considering that this is the main partner Pokemon of one of this series's two main characters, I wished the writers spent more time properly developing Scorbunny and building up to its evolution moment. Anyway, I look forward to what the writers will do with Gou and Raboot.

My understanding of the Japanese language is quite limited, but I'm guessing that Gou didn't know what a telephone booth was because it's basically outdated tech, especially among kids with their newfangled smartphones Rotom Phones. Hilarious.

Team Rocket got a lot more screentime in this episode than I expected, and Chewtle made its return via the Rocket Gachat, which was a pleasant surprise. Seems like it's gonna be a recurring character via the Rocket Gachat instead of being an actual permanent member of the trio's party, which I'm fine with (still hate the machine, tho). Also, while Jessie doesn't actually own it, it seems like Jessie is gonna be the one using Chewtle even though it would've suited James more. Or maybe Chewtle's usage is gonna alternate between them both in future episodes. That could happen.

Unfortunately, without some TL notes, I can't fully appreciate the shiritori segment. Also, while I'm fine with them getting this much screentime, did the writers really needed to have the Rocket trio battle the main characters and blast-off twice in one episode? Seems a bit unnecessary. Also, where did Poliwrath go?

Raboot is in its rebellious phase, how cute. I'm still unsatisfied with how quickly it evolved after being captured despite barely receiving any development at all prior to this episode, but this episode's events made its relatively-quick evolution plausible enough for me to accept. Still, considering that this is the main partner Pokemon of one of this series's two main characters, I wished the writers spent more time properly developing Scorbunny and building up to its evolution moment. Anyway, I look forward to what the writers will do with Gou and Raboot.
What you think of new personality I don’t think he mad at Gou maybe more mature

I was sort of worried they'd have Ash job to TR so Raboot could save them. Glad that didn't happen.

I'm a little unsure if Raboot is going Charmeleon or is just less affectionate now.
I think it's going to be a silent treatment, which would be a result of frustration at its own prior weakness as well as Gou's incapability/willingness to train it. On the other hand, Charmeleon/Charizard's disobedience is a bit of an odd case due to how it came out of nowhere (Charmander was quite sweet, loyal and obedient), Ash did care for it and try to work with it but the Pokemon would be the one to refuse.

I'd agree that Charmeleon itself should have obeyed Ash, but it evolved into Charizard so quickly because Aerodactyl pissed it off and evolution was the only way to fly. Under such circumstances, it obviously felt that Ash was out of its league.

Even though I think the disobedience plot is overused, this could actually help develop Gou as a character. Question is how much this will affect him since he rarely battles? Will he start to battle more in order to win back Raboot?

Does Raboot even disobey him during battles? It didn't look like it. If not, then what is even the point of a disobedience plot?

Interesting how this season seems to avoid the cute first stage Pokémon as much as possible while SM had a lot of them. I think this is a good change since the unevolved Pokémon tend to be very static characters that mostly exist for marketing purposes.

I'm no expert on Japanese but does the numbers 6, 3, 4, 5, 2, 6 mean anything. I know the anime tends to use numbers as an injoke so was wondering why they might use it to access Team Rocket's base

I appreciate Go and Team Rocket interacting a bit more. Getting to see the Chewtle again was a nice surprise. I'm sure it's gonna become popular among viewers. Nice to see the Pelipper getting a little more screentime as well. I still really wonder why it exists. Like why isn't the Team Rocket Delibird giving them the Pokeballs instead, but oh well.
It's a little early to tell due to how little screentime it got after the battle, but I'm guessing Raboot is just cold and in a ''teenage phase'' rather than disobedient since Go did command it in battle after all. I'm guessing it'll either warm up to Go after Go getting some sort of development or from Raboot evolving again.

The main criticisms seems to be 'too much Team Rocket'.

....Hmmm, what else might have worked to fill time? Perhaps Scorbunny seeing Ash and his Pokemon training and trying to be a part of that. Would Ash train Scorbunny under that scenario? I'd guess yes personally...

But 10 minutes (MoL) of Ash and Go basically acting like two competing parents would probably have its own problems. And also possibly inflame the slash writers. The last thing Pokemon needs is the slash writers getting momentum....

I appreciate Go and Team Rocket interacting a bit more. Getting to see the Chewtle again was a nice surprise. I'm sure it's gonna become popular among viewers. Nice to see the Pelipper getting a little more screentime as well. I still really wonder why it exists. Like why isn't the Team Rocket Delibird giving them the Pokeballs instead, but oh well.
It's a little early to tell due to how little screentime it got after the battle, but I'm guessing Raboot is just cold and in a ''teenage phase'' rather than disobedient since Go did command it in battle after all. I'm guessing it'll either warm up to Go after Go getting some sort of development or from Raboot evolving again.
I was thinking like that more mature level but no one ever reads my comments I still don’t understand but I do agreed what you say teen level or could it be it’s trying to take himself/herself more serious like that Gou other fire Pokémon made fun of it for not doing fire attacks and not good fighter I think. So now as raboot it doesn’t want to to be similar to its old self. It wants to be strong fighter and no longer a goofball

Also Gou Syther has personality page why does it? Shouldn’t Beedrill and Fore Pokémon Gou has that made fun of Scorbunny too have their own pages

Does Raboot even disobey him during battles? It didn't look like it. If not, then what is even the point of a disobedience plot?
Well, in the past battles it had as Scorbunny, it did rush off into battle without Gou's command (and in some cases got promptly one-shotted). I've already explained the potential reasoning behind the disobedience, and the point of this arc is to have Gou and Raboot grow together with the first step being Gou training, improving and spending more time with his Pokemon to earn its respect. An interesting plot point would be Raboot volunteering to battle in one of Ash's PWC matches with Gou observing.

It is a surprisingly pleasant feel when the worst part of an episode is "too much TRio".

The episode as far as most training eps go was alright, and I was happy to see Scorbunny evolve so soon since this opens a new type of dynamic between him and Go. I like how the majority of Go's Pokemon still regularly appear throughout the episodes and arent just completely shafted (take notes AG) so they still get at least one moment in the limelight even after capture. TRio also actually feel more like characters in the more recent episodes now compared to the battle drones they were at the start of the series so just the quick moments of characterizations makes the biggest difference in making them more likeable. Seeing Chewtle reappear was also a nice treat, though all it did was make me more upset about Rocket Gachat since it probably will get overshadowed by dozens of other Gachatmons with blank personalities. I look forward to seeing if they make anything good out of Raboot's disobedience.

OVERALL SCORE:
8/10

Aina Cafeteria on the left!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200315-122950.png
    Screenshot_20200315-122950.png
    345 KB · Views: 134
  • Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    55.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom