• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Would be brilliant if the animation team of Yuji Asada and Masaaki Iwane were responsible for this episode with Shōji Yonemura or Atsuhiro Tomioka writing

Reaction score
Finally, we're going somewhere.

Hopefully the World Championships fare better than the Trials with the last generation. I only found Hala and Olivia's to be any good so I'm hoping we get more good than mediocre to bad battles this time around.

RLC

Reaction score
Finally, we're going somewhere.

Hopefully the World Championships fare better than the Trials with the last generation. I only found Hala and Olivia's to be any good so I'm hoping we get more good than mediocre to bad battles this time around.
this soo much

Reaction score
Plot from Dephender:
Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, the best Pokémon Trainer in the world, so he's decided to challenge the "Pokémon World Championships". His opponent in his memorable first battle is Pisces, an Electric type Trainer and the acting Gym Leader of the Kuchiba Gym while its Gym Leader Matis is absent. The 2 on 2 battle starts with a fight between Pisces' Raichu and Satoshi's Pikachu. How will this battle go?

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Basically, it's the Lt. Surge battle all over again... just without him.

Reaction score
Please, please make the PWC like the Battle Frontier and bring back Ash's old mons. I wonder what Go's reaction would be if Ash kept on pulling random Pokemon out of no where.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Disappointed, checking the names on Bulbapedia, the Vermillion gym leader is being featured but not Lt. Surge

That would have been great

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Can't wait for Pikachu to forget how to battle Raichu for the...uh...fifth time, I think?

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Have to wonder who Pisces's second Pokemon will be

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle
Reaction score
Can't wait for Pikachu to forget how to battle Raichu for the...uh...fifth time, I think?
I think he only lost to a Raichu twice, actually, and Sho wasn't "he forgot how" but that Sho's wasn't slow like Surge.

Also don't you keep insisting there is no continuity in the show, so he's never fought a Raichu before?

Swampert's Ghost
Reaction score
If they can replace Lt. Surge, they better at least introduce Bea soon!

The lovely, charming villains!
Reaction score
Dream staff team working on the episode. What I do find both amusing and irritating is making it seem like a clone of Ash's Vermillion Gym battle, though this time they're going out of their way to introduce a new character instead of bringing back Surge. Pathetic... like what could they lose from having Surge here?
If I had to guess it's probably because they had no idea what they were doing in season 1 and made Lt. Surge a giant. I'm guessing his design is what keeps him from appearing.

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Anyone fancy having a go at who Pisces's second Pokemon will be?

Coming from Kanto, I'm guessing Electrode or Jolteon but part of me hopes it might be a Galar mon

Status
Not open for further replies.