• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by precedent (first out usually doesn't win the whole thing) I'd guess it's Ash's second who'll star this episode. The question is who that second will be--I'd like to see Dragonite in a proper non-raid battle.

Or a reserve but let's not be optimistic.

Of the three (well 4) recently revealed titles, this episode promises to be the more excitng

Ash battling, a great animation team involved

What more can we ask for

That staff team is amazing. Best writer OLM have for writing battles and one of the best animators. Definitely looking forward to this.

No Surge is a pity, perhaps the voice actor said no? Does anyone know if Surge's VA still does work?

I don't necessarily see even that being a problem. They could always use a new one.
From my understanding, in Japan, they are extremely respectful towards voice actors and don't recast if the original VA is still alive. So rather than recasting Surge's VA, OLM made up a new character. I might be wrong though.

From my understanding, in Japan, they are extremely respectful towards voice actors and don't recast if the original VA is still alive. So rather than recasting Surge's VA, OLM made up a new character. I might be wrong though.
His voice actor is Fumihiko Tachiki. He's only done a very few anime voice roles, the last of which were during the Advanced Generation. He has, however, recently voiced Surge in Pokémon Masters, so I'd say he could return to reprise the role, should Surge get a speaking role here.

Also don't you keep insisting there is no continuity in the show, so he's never fought a Raichu before?
Gotta cater to the people that think it's there and are doing some spectacular mental gymnastics to justify everything ^_^

Maybe he fought one offsceen in the past 17 episodes prior to this one

Anything's possible nowadays, thanks to the power of "good" writing

Lt. Surge is replaced by a COTD?

Now they're just being cruel... :cry:
It'd be kinda cool if every Gym Leader was replaced by a stand-in so they can try new strategies and show off more pokemon

Lt. Surge is replaced by a COTD?

Now they're just being cruel... :cry:
Really makes you wonder what the point was in even setting it in the Vermillion Gym was then.
It'd be kinda cool if every Gym Leader was replaced by a stand-in so they can try new strategies and show off more pokemon
But given that around half of Kanto were putty badges and the other half didn’t use their game teams, wouldn’t using them to their fullest accomplish the same thing?

But... couldn't they do that with the actual Gym Leaders? It's not like their teams are only made up of their aces' lines/species or that they don't/couldn't have some unique strategies related to their other Pokémon.

They're...kidding me, right?

I find it lame enough that they're using a stand in for Lt. Surge but they go ahead and give him a Raichu of all things? Seriously?

I'm excited that the World Championships are getting underway, and the team working on the episode is fantastic, but...having to watch some fill in gym leader really dampens my excitement. And I don't agree that it doesn't matter since the Kanto gym leaders were already seen or that Ash already battled them...they didn't get the same kind of (very food) focus gym leaders have gotten in more recent seasons. This would've been a nice opportunity to flesh Lt. Surge out a little more and to see a new battle between him and Ash where Ash is now more experienced than he was in Kanto.

It's super frustrating how this series has been having an upswing, and then they go and pull yet another stunt like this. Makes me a little nervous for what else they have in store for these episodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom