• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be brilliant if the animation team of Yuji Asada and Masaaki Iwane were responsible for this episode with Shōji Yonemura or Atsuhiro Tomioka writing

Finally, we're going somewhere.

Hopefully the World Championships fare better than the Trials with the last generation. I only found Hala and Olivia's to be any good so I'm hoping we get more good than mediocre to bad battles this time around.

Finally, we're going somewhere.

Hopefully the World Championships fare better than the Trials with the last generation. I only found Hala and Olivia's to be any good so I'm hoping we get more good than mediocre to bad battles this time around.
this soo much

Plot from Dephender:
Satoshi's goal is to battle Dande, the best Pokémon Trainer in the world, so he's decided to challenge the "Pokémon World Championships". His opponent in his memorable first battle is Pisces, an Electric type Trainer and the acting Gym Leader of the Kuchiba Gym while its Gym Leader Matis is absent. The 2 on 2 battle starts with a fight between Pisces' Raichu and Satoshi's Pikachu. How will this battle go?

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Basically, it's the Lt. Surge battle all over again... just without him.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Brilliant news, just the team I was hoping for

Please, please make the PWC like the Battle Frontier and bring back Ash's old mons. I wonder what Go's reaction would be if Ash kept on pulling random Pokemon out of no where.

Can't wait for Pikachu to forget how to battle Raichu for the...uh...fifth time, I think?
I think he only lost to a Raichu twice, actually, and Sho wasn't "he forgot how" but that Sho's wasn't slow like Surge.

Also don't you keep insisting there is no continuity in the show, so he's never fought a Raichu before?

If they can replace Lt. Surge, they better at least introduce Bea soon!

Dream staff team working on the episode. What I do find both amusing and irritating is making it seem like a clone of Ash's Vermillion Gym battle, though this time they're going out of their way to introduce a new character instead of bringing back Surge. Pathetic... like what could they lose from having Surge here?
If I had to guess it's probably because they had no idea what they were doing in season 1 and made Lt. Surge a giant. I'm guessing his design is what keeps him from appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom