• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN018: Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrode is gonna battle y'all

Image result for it's been 84 years

So glad that it's not Lanturn or some Galarian Electric type that I wouldn't have cared about.

I don't hate it, I just didn't want the writers to go for the most predictable and cliched Pokemon that they could give a character named Pisces.
I see. Personally, I would've loved to see Lanturn here. I don't think that Pokemon gets enough love. I think it looks awesome and deserves more screen time. It also shares my two favorite types, so that's a plus.

I see. Personally, I would've loved to see Lanturn here. I don't think that Pokemon gets enough love. I think it looks awesome and deserves more screen time. It also shares my two favorite types, so that's a plus.

Lanturn has the disadvantage of being a fish though and thus being unable to fight on land.

First preview of the episode:

Didn't revealed of Go's Raboot wondering if Go is looking for him. If not, nevertheless Ash need to win this, before participated the World Champion Tournament.

That animation looks sick, I wonder if they'll use the 3D camera.

It's a shame that they had to conveniently remove Surge when there are literally two characters shown in the preview that look pretty much like him.

Have they been forbidden from using the old gym leaders or something? Because this character (I assume Pisces) looks to Surge what Alolan Oak was to Oak. Basically it looks like somebody has said, "we can't use Surge, you need to give us another character," then somebody else has spent 5 minutes editing Lt. Surge's Suigmori art in photoshop and said, "here's your new character," and the first guy has said, "that'll do, have a promotion."

Have they been forbidden from using the old gym leaders or something? Because this character (I assume Pisces) looks to Surge what Alolan Oak was to Oak. Basically it looks like somebody has said, "we can't use Surge, you need to give us another character," then somebody else has spent 5 minutes editing Lt. Surge's Suigmori art in photoshop and said, "here's your new character," and the first guy has said, "that'll do, have a promotion."

The theory is Ash is battling Pisces not a substitute for Lt. Surge. The alternate gym leader stuff could be pure backstory to flesh out the character.

If because Lt. Surge should have a different ranking as would hypothetically Agatha would over hypothetical Giovanni.

I stil don't buy the Gym leader substitute thing. Also Pikachu vs Raichu again...

By the way I guess Sasuke Raboot stays at home like a real teenager preffers to stay at home or maybe he has to stay do to a quarantine of Evovirus like me..

Stupid virus....

So why is this looks-and-acts-like-LtSurge guy not Lt Surge?

Um, I think Pisces is a woman. I had to slow the trailer down to 0.25 speed but, I think I saw a roundness to the chest. It goes by fast though so I'm not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom