• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN020: Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

More instant Gou captures and some of them were literally done at 200% sped up animation or still frames without a single capture battle, they were really trying to shove in as many as they could in that short amount of time, weren't they? Thankfully that Farfetch'd gave him some much needed return of karma, I'd hoped it would remain uncaptured since Gou needs at least some setbacks after that much unwarranted, unexplained and undeserved success (and instead of battling it, he caught it out by a cheap and dishonest fake out). That last third of the episode was very rushed and was pretty much a clipshow, especially with the way TRio blasted off in a poorly animated and lame manner.

Speaking of TRio, I thought they'd be cut the slack and not turned into fall guys with a generic 'capture Pikachu' plot, especially not this early after how last week's episode handled them. That PWC battle is one of the few sweet spots of the episode though I'd preferred if it lasted longer, it was too rushed (and had some silly decisions) but the animation for the battle itself was decent. The "Lugia" reappearance and the subsequent Mew reveal didn't really amount to anything, at least not in the episode itself, I was hoping there would be a raid battle where Koharu could participate. I doubt it's the same "Lugia" from episode 2 since that one had a connection with Ash with how he could hear it speak whereas Gou didn't even react to it which he should have if it were Mew. I was hoping for some more development for Koharu but I guess it was not going to be. Overall, the episode was average (subject to change after re-watching with subs) and only reaffirmed how narratively weak Gou's goal and his path to it is, and how the PWC and the journey through/to it will be the driving factor for this series.

Thankfully, next week's episode looks to be amazing. And holy shit, that slide of upcoming/future events... Korrina returning(!) and Mega Evos(!), Sobble being teased(!), Raihan, Morpeko(WRITERS, MAKE IT MARNIE'S), Sirfetch'd(!), Sonia, more intense PWC action(!).

P.S: Deleted the original post due to a brainfart and lapse in concentration, glad I had it saved on Notepad.

If he has to lose, it should be to someone stronger than himself or because he's using a weaker Pokemon. Raihan seems like an ideal candidate, I hope he's not just being introduced to job to Leon.
Why they made it seem Ash pikachu looked weak though it did hit that pillar on its back

I've replayed that battle with Seiya several times now; the animation was gorgeous and fluid (Iron Tail intercepting Body Slam like that, though!) while I'll never get tired of the anime's rendition of Galar Wild Pokemon Battle.

Also, anyone else notice anytime Ash mentions how Solar Beam takes time to charge and proceeds to attempt to take advantage of the delay, he gets hit regardless?

I've replayed that battle with Seiya several times now; the animation was gorgeous and fluid (Iron Tail intercepting Body Slam like that, though!) while I'll never get tired of the anime's rendition of Galar Wild Pokemon Battle.

Also, anyone else notice anytime Ash mentions how Solar Beam takes time to charge and proceeds to attempt to take advantage of the delay, he gets hit regardless?
The battle was very cool. I love how Seiya started to freak when Pikachu got up from the Solar Beam and shook it off.
Pikachu: You think that hurt? I fought a god last month and won.
Then that brutal Iron Tail to the neck.

Jim Ross voice : "Oh my god he almost decapitated him. That Meganium has a family damnit."

Not only he survived the Solar Beam to the face also he hit his back against steel.

That was pretty brutal I like it.
Oh...oh no.

Let's look at Ash's notable battles in this series:
7: Hits Mightyena so hard it gets buried in a crater.
18: Gengar uses Raichu like play-doh before smashing him against a wall.
20: Pikachu pretends Meganium's an 18th century French noble.

There is no more mercy in his heart after all the painful beatings him and his Pokémon have received over the years. All obstacles will be put down with maximum force.
...didn't Lorelai Prima say something related to this? That a really strong trainer can never hold back and needs to be utterly cold in battle?

Last edited:
Oh...oh no.

Let's look at Ash notable battles in this series:

There is no more mercy in his heart after all the painful beatings him and his Pokémon have received over the years. All obstacles will be put down with maximum force.
...didn't Lorelai Prima say something related to this? That a really strong trainer can never hold back and needs to be utterly cold in battle?

I would have to made a list of things I want to see in a Pokemon battle but two of them would be:

1- A Pokémon breaking a table with another pokemon
2-A pokemon doing a spear through a wall to another Pokémon

Something like this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYLOjzmBVoc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVGgEjDHd4

Oh...oh no.

Let's look at Ash notable battles in this series:

The best part is that he's being unintentionally brutal. Pretty sure that's even worse.

Sadly the subs came out just as I was going to bed last night so haven't fully understood what was said but looking at Koharu's page on Bulbapedia, I'm certainly hopefully that she may get more involved with Ash and Go in the future

Anyone know what the bit in parentheses means?
1586162015039.png

The episode was pretty meh to me. The vast majority of the episode is basically what we have already seen of the show: Ash battles (pretty rushed here), Go catches (way too many) and TR fails (again), with the orienteering part pretty much taking a backseat. Now, if the focus was on some of the kids, that might've added some variety, but right now, I can't even be bothered to remember their faces, and only just watched the episode 30 minutes ago. Overall, it was a forgettable episode.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom